IGNORED

Question- Three cable adjusters?

ahirsch

Hi,

I synched my Throttle bodies the other day on my 96 1100RT and noticed three barrel adjusters on the left side. One was to the fast idle, one was for the high rpm. What was the third? The cable looked to be attached to the high rpm adjuster? lurker.gif

The right throttle body. The throttle cable is a single cable with two sheaths. The cable goes from the grip around the pulley on the left throttle body and then to the pulley on the right throttle body. One sheath goes between the grip and the left throttle body and the other sheath between the two throttle bodies. This setup is the reason for the removable kick plate on the right fairing and the hole in the right fairing to access the BBS. Since you can access both cable adjusters by pulling the left fairing, removing the kickplate from the right side to connect your manometer allows a complete sync without removing the right side fairing.

Thanks for the answer. I saw the removable kick plate and cannot visualize the BBS hole on the right, but will go to the garage to look. So you are saying that there is only one cable? The third barrel adjuster can run the right side adjustment? I removed both sides and adjusted both sides. Do you do it all from the left?

Yes there is only one cable. Moving the third barrel adjuster on the left side has the exact same effect as moving the barrel adjuster on the right side. I have cylinder protectors which means I pull the right side tupperware to adjust the valves and also adjust both sides, but if you don't need to pull the right side fairing for any other reason you can do a sync with it still on.

This arrangement was US 1996 model year only, so as a result you don't hear about it much and most throttle body sync. instructions floating around don't reference it.

Archived