Moveable, foldable bike lift

UberXY

I have a Kendon Sport bike lift, which is ok for my R65 and dirt bike, but the RT is a little too much for it, and I suspect the incoming Harley Nightster will be too much as well.

I guess I will buy a bigger (1000 lb capacity) Kendon, as I like it that when folded up, the Kendons occupy very little floor space in the garage. However, the ideal lift for me would be one that not only folds up, but has casters for moving with a bike on them as well. Anyone know of such a product?

I don't know of any lift that you'd want to move WITH a bike on it. Why would you do that, anyway? The combined weight is quite a bit, but there is an enormously high center of gravity and the consequences of a mistake are severe.

My Handy Lift is on wheels at one end and has a "tag" with wheels for the other end. It's very easy to move around the garage (assuming your floor is smooth cement).

lift6.jpg

lift5.jpg

lift1.jpg

lift3.jpg

lift2.jpg

lift4.jpg

I don't know of any lift that you'd want to move WITH a bike on it. Why would you do that, anyway? The combined weight is quite a bit, but there is an enormously high center of gravity and the consequences of a mistake are severe.

My Handy Lift is on wheels at one end and has a "tag" with wheels for the other end. It's very easy to move around the garage (assuming your floor is smooth cement).

Well, you can move a lift with a bike on it, but in the lowest position, no big deal with the CG. I am looking for a lift I can push sideways into a corner so I can easily put it out of the way between work sessions. I like to have plenty of room to work, but the Porsche must go back in the garage when I am done (1984, 39k miles, looks like new, want to keep it that way for another 20 years of so).

Harbor Freight makes a lift table with front revolving casters and screw down feet, which may be the ticket, though I am not thrilled about the quality. I guess I could buy a Handy and get out the welding equipment and customize one.

Archived