IGNORED

Is there a difference between the 2005 and 2007 1200 RT

Sparky_in_Houston

Sparky_in_Houston

I am in the market for an RT and I am sure I want the 1200. There are a few for sale of the 2005 vintage. Are there significant differences between the 2005 and the 2007. I have sat on and driven the 2007 and am convinced that this is the way to go. Now it is a matter of cost and condition of the bike.

Thanks for the advice....

Sparky

The 2 big differences are the TPM (tire pressure monitor) on the 2007 and the brake system. The 2007 is non-linked (conventional) brakes.

John in VA
The 2 big differences are the TPM (tire pressure monitor) on the 2007 and the brake system. The 2007 is non-linked (conventional) brakes.

Actually, the 2007 brakes are still partially linked but are no longer power-assisted.

gettysburg

I've had an '05(totalled) and now have an '07. The non servo-assist brakes on the '07 are much better than on the '05; much more control and no more "grabby" feel.

Also, I don't know if anyone else will agree, but the transmission on the '07 was much smoother from day one; when compared to my '05.

The only other difference I've noticed between the two is that the '07 has a crappy single horn; which I've sinced replaced with two FIAMM Freeway Blasters.

AdventurePoser

Sparky,

Welcome to the Board. If the power assisted brakes are not an issue, I'd pick up an 05. There are lots of them out there, and the prices are right.

It probably depends how patient you are... dopeslap.gif

I found an '05 with 1K miles on it in absolute showroom condition. In addition, the bike had several accessories already added.

The price was for the whole thing was unbelievably low. Now, 8K later, I've never looked back! thumbsup.gif

Good luck on your search,

Steve

If you go with an '05, be sure and have the software updated. There have been a number of bugfixes since '05.

I also found a 2005 with only 1000 miles on it. I had read many posts here about the "grabby" servo brakes on the 2005, but I was pleased to find it a complete non-issue for me. I came from a 2000 RT with non-linked brakes and the changeover adaption period took me about 5 minutes. I think the servo brakes work great, certainly not a reason to avoid an 05.

Archived