IGNORED

ABS resets ?

kiwiaudio

Every once in a while when pulling away from a stop, my ABS resets with the same racket as an initial startup. Could my battery be getting old, or do TADT?

Joe Frickin' Friday
Every once in a while when pulling away from a stop, my ABS resets with the same racket as an initial startup. Could my battery be getting old, or do TADT?

1100's, TADT. The ABS computer calls for a systems check every (I think) ten minutes; after that ten minutes is up, it has to wait until you come to a stop and then start rolling again. So it could actually be an hour or two, if you're droning down the interstate, and then get off at an exit; then it'll squeak-chirp-clunk as soon as you come to a stop and turn onto the crossroad.

thumbsup.gif

TADT, but are you sure about the 10 minutes thing? My bike has performed occasional (based on what I don't know) on-the-road ABS tests since it was new but it doesn't happen all that often, and certainly not every time I continue on from a freeway exit (after at least 10 minutes run time), etc. I don't know what algorithm the thing uses to determine when it should test but it doesn't seem to be strictly time-based as far as I can tell. Unless I am having an unknown problem with my ABS that is, but I don't think so because the initialization and test cycle works properly after each re-start of the bike and the ABS system seems to be operating normally.

Archived