IGNORED

3 wheel scooter? Two front wheels, who makes that?

fourteenfour

fourteenfour

I saw one going the other way today, what caught my eye was the fact it has two from wheels, around a foot part ... looked like a single drive wheel in the rear

any idea what it was?

Piaggio MP3

One of the guys I ride with has just ordered one of these, after taking a test ride. I hope he will let others test ride it. smile.gif

In addition to being a BMW dealer for the past 45 years, two years ago we decided to take on Vespa/Piaggio.

The MP3 is an incredible ride. It carves like a pair of hockey skates. The articulation of the front wheels mimics a skier's legs, not just for angle, but for fore/aft positioning in the corners. It works extremely well.

And before anyone asks, it's powered by a 250cc EFI single and gets about 60-70mpg. Top speed is about 80. MSRP is $6995.

The MP3 looks like a whole lot of fun to ride - you can lock the tilt out at stoplights so no need to even put a foot down! And I hear it rails through the corners, with a much greater safety margin for those unfortunate moments when you run into sand, gravel, etc.

Here's an interesting thread from Advrider with MP3 owner comments:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205079

Slartidbartfast

Fun little thing to ride. Feels quite stable and much more like a 2-wheeled bike than you might imagine while moving. It inspires a great deal of confidence (although the bike CAN fall over) and grinding the stand on both sides becomes easy. Why it has a center stand is a mystery although I suppose it would aid changing the rear wheel. The feet-up trick at lights is really cool but probably only amazing to other motorcyclists as I doubt car drivers give it a thought - although they certainly give the bike a second glance (or an open-mouthed stare!).

The huge storage compartment extends from under the seat into the pop-open trunk and would easily hold a fair stash of groceries - or a small body ooo.gif

At around $6000, I think it is a bit pricey depending upon how you value 'unique' or 'unusual'. Would make a great commuter for sure.

Shawnee Bill
I saw one going the other way today, what caught my eye was the fact it has two from wheels, around a foot part ... looked like a single drive wheel in the rear

any idea what it was?

Traded my wife's Yamaha Majesty in for one about 3 weeks ago.

She liked the Majesty, or at least she thought she did until she took a demo ride on the MP3. It just handles the road so much better than any other scooter. Those two front tires just give an incredibly good planted feel to the front end. The Oklahoma wind doesn't bother it nearly as much as it did the Majesty.

It is only a 250, but I cruise at 70 on the slab without straining, it does have some left but not much.

It's a blast to ride, as soon as it starts rolling you forget it has more than one front wheel clap.gif

155044717-M.jpgclap.gif

And it's some more than $6000 tongue.gif

Archived