IGNORED

Perf'd Leathers for Women??

TN_R_Girl

Sorry if this is a repeat inquiry, but with the mercury rising here in Middle Tennessee, my solid leathers are getting a bit uncomfortable temperature-wise.

Anybody have any recommendations for where I might find women's perforated leather gear? --- Oh yeah ... at a "reasonable" price?? smirk.gif

I know you said leathers, but if you consider other items check out motoport (cycleport) airmesh. currently there are two threads on cycleport. check them out, my wife has a set and loves them. they can be custom fitted for a women's "measurements" that was my wife's original reason for buying the airmesh, but now that she has worn them for 5 years, she would not wear/buy anything else. She even "tested" them on a get off and they protected her great. Plus we just mailed them into cycleport an they repaired them to new.

As noted in the other threads, terrible customer service, but two months after using them it will all be forgotten.

bakerzdosen

You might try a Rev'it! Ignition jacket. They come in Women's sizes and are a good leather/mesh mix (IMHO).

Normally, I'd say that going with Newenough is a good idea, but I couldn't find very many perf'ed women's leathers there at all.

I do think that Vanson has a very high quality product, but cheap it's not...

Another option would be to perf your own.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. I'll try to remember to post once I make a decision on this stuff.

wave.gif

Prefer Women in Leather ?

Oh wait a minute your talking about something completely different.

Nevermind smirk.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Shannon,

Might want to take a look at Vanson up in New England. They may have off the shelf stuff for you and, if you check the prices, a set of custom made is really not that far over the off the rack stuff and you can choose the level of perf you want.

I had them make me a set of leathers a few years ago and the quality and fit were really nice. As I recall, with the options I chose, the two piece suit was $1600. I have another 10 lbs to go before the jacket fits me again but I'm workin' on it.

Prefer Women in Leather ?

Oh wait a minute your talking about something completely different.

Nevermind smirk.gif

lmao.gif

Shannon,

Might want to take a look at Vanson up in New England. They may have off the shelf stuff for you and, if you check the prices, a set of custom made is really not that far over the off the rack stuff and you can choose the level of perf you want.

I had them make me a set of leathers a few years ago and the quality and fit were really nice. As I recall, with the options I chose, the two piece suit was $1600. I have another 10 lbs to go before the jacket fits me again but I'm workin' on it.

Good for you! Keep at it! thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't believe I'm ready to spend $1600 eek.gif on a set of leathers quite yet ... was just toying with the idea of some track days this summer, and while I've got some Joe Rocket stuff, it's not well-ventilated and I'm facing a hot, humid summer here in the South. crazy.gif

bakerzdosen
was just toying with the idea of some track days this summer, and while I've got some Joe Rocket stuff, it's not well-ventilated and I'm facing a hot, humid summer here in the South.
OH, I didn't know you were talking track suit leathers... I just thought you had a preference for riding in leather over textile... smile.gif (seriously).

If you're looking at Vanson, also consider the Spidi Lizard Wind Pro. Yeah, $1200 ain't cheap, but since you've already budgeted $1600... tongue.gif

Also try Knee Draggers. They have a couple that might fit the bill.

Archived