IGNORED

Joining the ranks

Picked up my first bike this past Friday 6/1/07. very sweet 2002 R1150RTP formerly owned by the CHP. Although I should post a pic I have not taken one of the entire bike yet, only pics of the disconnected wiring under the radio trunk. I'm trying to figure out if any of the leftovers would be of any use. And why my fourway flashers have stopped working. frown.gif can't pass inspection untill they work. Well time to start searching for info.

Welcome. You are at the right place.

I see you already have gotten an answer thumbsup.gif

Stick around and keep your sense of humor handy.

Why would four-ways be required? I found the wires that needed to be switched tied off wayyyy under the nose fairing, on the left side. Added a $15 switch from the boneyard, plugged it in, and I now have hazards again.

There's a thread (with pics!) from last summer around...search or look through my posts.

Picked up my first bike this past Friday 6/1/07. very sweet 2002 R1150RTP formerly owned by the CHP. Although I should post a pic I have not taken one of the entire bike yet, only pics of the disconnected wiring under the radio trunk. I'm trying to figure out if any of the leftovers would be of any use. And why my fourway flashers have stopped working. frown.gif can't pass inspection untill they work. Well time to start searching for info.

Nova? or near Cville?

+1 on the Welcome.

Usually the P harness wiring is unceremoniously disconnected.

For your RTP, this link is your friend...

BMW Police Motors USA

Thanks that is exactly the resource I was looking for. I have a few weeks before I get an inspection as I'm waiting on my hi-viz roadcrafter suit. I don't want to leave my neighborhood without it.

Archived