IGNORED

What brand/size of bike cover do you have?

Bud

I'm in on this too. I'd like a lighter colored one for reflectivity and not expensive. Just something to keep the dew and eyes off the bike at hotels, campgrounds and stuff.

05 RT. EZ touring cover. Traveller A model.

+1 on EZ Touring cover for my '06 RT. I have the model that does not/not fit over the 49L topcase.

+1 on EZ Touring cover for my '06 RT. I have the model that does not/not fit over the 49L topcase.

Did you mean, by the double negative, that it fits? grin.gif

Nope, and two "nots" separated by a slash is not/not a double negative. lmao.gif

Nope, and two "nots" separated by a slash is not/not a double negative. lmao.gif

OK Marco, I'm not the brightest bulb on the porch. So what did not/not mean? confused.gif

I use DOWCO® GUARDIAN® ULTRALITE Does not fit over my large top case. But it does fit over the side cases.

Roger, do you know what size it is?

OK Marco, I'm not the brightest bulb on the porch. So what did not/not mean? confused.gif

It's simply to ensure that readers don't miss the word "not", if they glance at it quickly. It stands out -- by repeating the word. Was fairly standard in military communications when I was in (way back when).

The EZ touring cover Traveller A model will fit over the bags on my 05 RT. The cover will not fit over the bags when the Givi E52 topcase is on the bike so I just hook the two elastic straps onto the footpegs and all is good.

I have the aerostich ultralight bike cover. Its priced at 123 for the large. It fits over the top case and the side bags with extra room. 1150 rt . I would get the Medium next time if I have to buy another. These are expensive in my opinion but they fold down to almost nothing so I bring it with me, and use it.

I feel out of place but I've got the BMW cover and it fits perfect. Covers I've had in the past have always been a pain to put on but this one is quick and simple. I love it.

What Mark isn't saying is that the 49L topcase won't even fit in an average elevator, much less under a cover. That thing is HUGE!!

Sure holds a lot of stuff, though! thumbsup.gif

I've got a BMW cover for my RT, fits beautifully (of course), protects almost as well as a garage, and is extremely well made. My only issue with it is that it's quite bulky and heavy like a garage. It goes with me everywhere. I forget what brand cover I have for the GS but it's a similar weight and size to the RT cover. Both will fit over the respective topcases.

Hi Mark, how's the new Alaska sheepskin? wave.gif

Doug

I agree that the BMW cover is bulky but when I compare it to the light weight compact pain in the arse covers I've had in the past I have no complaints with it. I put the cover on every day at work and I'm grateful to how quickly I can put it on.

I use DOWCO® GUARDIAN® ULTRALITE Does not fit over my large top case. But it does fit over the side cases.

Roger, do you know what size it is?

I believe I got the XL. But I'll check when I get home and let you know for sure.

What Mark isn't saying is that the 49L topcase won't even fit in an average elevator, much less under a cover. That thing is HUGE!!

Sure holds a lot of stuff, though! thumbsup.gif

I've got a BMW cover for my RT, fits beautifully (of course), protects almost as well as a garage, and is extremely well made. My only issue with it is that it's quite bulky and heavy like a garage. It goes with me everywhere. I forget what brand cover I have for the GS but it's a similar weight and size to the RT cover. Both will fit over the respective topcases.

Hi Mark, how's the new Alaska sheepskin? wave.gif

Doug

Hi Doug wave.gif. I havn't got the sheepskins yet (yes, one for me, and one for K), but they're on their way. Hopefully they'll be here next week, so we can try them out on a short weekend ride we're doing.

As for the topcase, Doug's right, you practically need the freight elevator to get it up to your room. I decided I'd get a cover that didn't fit over the topcase, so that it wouldn't be as large (knowing the topcase goes on/comes off the bike so easily, and quickly.

Archived