IGNORED

Push to Talk Switch . . .

Firefight911

Firefight911

Is it merely a simple open/close switch?

In particular, I am referring to the Baehr switch but I would assume that they are all the same.

Looking at using the standard handlebar switch housing for the GSA and using one of the unused ABS, Info buttons to activate B2B.

You know me, always looking for that clean look!

Figured I would ask here before I go about destroying a perfectly good switch.

Figured I would ask here before I go about destroying a perfectly good switch.

Hey, it's just another hour of OT........ lmao.gif

Should just be a 'momentary on' switch. Have just had to have a lead made up to connect my TX3400 to the Autocom, and the guy that did it for me explained it as simple momentary on.....

bakerzdosen
You know me, always looking for that clean look!
Yes, but you would then have to work on the stenciling to accurately describe the function of the switch instead of just "ABS".

(You know me, never anything helpful but always sarcastic. tongue.gif)

It is just a momentary on switch. You can get several differnt types of them at Radio Shack for another option.

I installed the BMW Police PTT. It is a nice clean and sturdy solution that you might want to look into. It is designed to fit the RT, but should fit all of the late model BMWs with similar switch gear.

I'll post the part number when I return to Austin.

TechDirector

I have been using a semi-custom Avcomm bike to bike system. They have a nice little push to talk switch available in both chassis mount and with velcro.

Best price I have found it through Sampson Racing. To see it click here

It is terminated with a switchcraft plug that may be easily unscrewed to get to the cable ends. Might be a little less than the BMW switch - which on the old RT-Ps was a PVP switch as I recall.

Good luck!

Chuck

Archived