IGNORED

R1200ST tailbag ?

TowJam

Does anyone have any recommendations for a tailbag for the 1200ST? I don't always need the panniers and I don't like tank bags so I'm looking for any alternatives for something that will hold cellphone, gloves, bottle of water, etc.

You rock!

That's EXACTY what I was looking for and they even have a picture of it installed on an ST.

(Guess I just found my Father's Day gift to myself.) thumbsup.gif

R4ND0M_AX3

I had one of those. It seemed like the perfect solution. But..... I couldn't get it's generic straps to hold onto the seat very well. I returned it.

I also spent a bit of time looking for this and too thought the Storage pod was ideal, but couldn't get one in the UK. I've opted for a touratech tailpack, which I bolted to the rear rack. It's perfect, but small. It takes my fist aid kit, radio, phone puncture repair aerosol, chain & padlock plus my phone also plugs in there for the autocom system.

Touratech Endura1

As noted, I bolted this through the base of the bag rather than rely upon the straps. It's a permanent feature on my bike and is very handy.

I had one of those. It seemed like the perfect solution. But..... I couldn't get it's generic straps to hold onto the seat very well. I returned it.

Thanks. You may have saved me some frustration as my dealer only sells them on a "special order" basis and has a no return policy on special orders. Since I ride solo, my ideal solution would be a Corbin Smuggler trunk but given the low number of ST owners, I don't see that ever happening.

I also spent a bit of time looking for this and too thought the Storage pod was ideal, but couldn't get one in the UK. I've opted for a touratech tailpack, which I bolted to the rear rack. It's perfect, but small. It takes my fist aid kit, radio, phone puncture repair aerosol, chain & padlock plus my phone also plugs in there for the autocom system.

Touratech Endura1

As noted, I bolted this through the base of the bag rather than rely upon the straps. It's a permanent feature on my bike and is very handy.

Looks like a good solution but I don't have the rear rack.

R4ND0M_AX3
...Since I ride solo, my ideal solution would be a Corbin Smuggler trunk but given the low number of ST owners, I don't see that ever happening.

I'm in that same boat. I rode through hollister this weekend and the thought crossed my mind to take up their offer to leave my bike there for a week while they make a smuggler trunk. Either that or I attempt to make one myself from fiberglass.

Jim VonBaden

St-at-beach.jpg

My GF got the Chicane for her ST. It worked great both on the rack and on the seat. Nice space, good lines, and a built in rain cover. Plus, at $79, it is a good price.

Jim cool.gif

Jim VonBaden
Jim,

I'm almost afraid to ask but what are those brightly colored objects in the cockpit? wink.gif

The pink thing is the GPS sunshade, and the other "items" are stuffed animals. dopeslap.gif

Despite that, and other "feminine touches", Tina rides hard and fast. I have to be on my toes when she is in the lead.

Jim cool.gif

Archived