IGNORED

Oil Temp Sender Removal - 96 R1100RT

DonSydney

Can someone please confirm for me the size of the socket I need to remove the oil temp sender from my 96 R1100RT.

Cheers

Don

My apologies dear folk..... what I really mean is the oil pressure switch (located in front of the l/h cylinder). Us people who ride Harleys when we're not riding our BMW's arent that good with mechanical type stuff (contrary to popular belief wink.gif)

I dont have a socket big enough, and will have to go buy one. I'm thinking its going to be 25mm......

Don

Clive Liddell

Don,

The pressure sender is the standard 24mm hex but you will have to rip off your LH fairing for access.

Any reason for wanting to R&R?

G'day Clive,

It is weeping oil, not from where it joins up with the case, but from outward of the hex fitting.... closer to where the wire joins on, at the base of what looks like a rubber bit. OK, its doing a little more than weeping.... its leaking....

I pulled the tupperware off and cleaned it all down yesterday, and after running the bike for a few minutes thats definately where its coming from.

Don

Clive Liddell

Hi Don,

Thanks for the feedback. I have not heard of many leaking pressure senders on these bikes, if any! In the very distant past I seem to recall a '62 Beetle I had with that same problem.

Nice easy fix anyway smile.gif

Archived