IGNORED

SPOILER: MotoGP

PhillyFlash

PhillyFlash

Whew!! What a race. The Doctor definately was back and in form after the first several laps. Lots of excitement for the first 3/4th of the race, but then it was pretty clear that Rossi was going to take it. Good race for 3rd position. This is one hell of a season. Hard to say who is going to come away with it all this time. Stone is consistently up there, but I'm not willing to predict anything right now. But those guys sure seemed to be having fun. thumbsup.gif

PhillyFlash

Nicky is out of it this year. He may podium at Laguna, but I doubt he'll win. It may be his only podium of the year, if he's very lucky.

steve.foote

The beginning of the race was really good. I thought Rossi had faltered, and Stoner was going to run away with it again, but The Doctor came back and ran what would have been considered a typical "Rossi" race in years past.

Stoner is still definately a contender, but I keep watching Pedrosa. But, like you said, it's still up in the air.

Great season. thumbsup.gif

This is a great season! The standings are tight which makes it interesting. You never know who is going to win. Would love to watch the races in HD.

russell_bynum
Nicky is out of it this year. He may podium at Laguna, but I doubt he'll win. It may be his only podium of the year, if he's very lucky.

Yeah, he's having a tough time of it. The good news is Dani showed that Honda/Michellin is now working well enough to be competitive against the other bikes, so when Nicky finishes 15 minutes after the leaders, it is because of him, not because of the bike. Nicky's always been good at fixing his shortcomings. He does it slowly (I'd say this season is toast for him) but if the bike's good, I think he'll figure it out and get stronger as the season progresses.

Great race! I loved seeing Barros up there again.

chrisolson

Yes, the Doctor was in rare form - not an overly exciting race up front for the fans past half way, but what a ride ... still down on top end to the competition and yet he pulls away from everyone.

Rossi's not only a fantastic rider, but also a great showman, he stops for the fans and almost get his head torn off , even gives a spectator a ride blush.gif and leads the singing of the national anthem like leading an orchestra ... no one else would even dream of that.

Its a great time to be alive and have the opportunity to see some of the folks who are argueably the best of all time in their sport ...

Michael Jordan

Michael Schumacher

Lance Armstrong

Roger Federer

Tiger Woods

Valentino Rossi

[edit: I never said I could spell ... grin.gif]

You guys keep forgetting about Barros - man, he gets a 3rd position and beats the factory boys riding a Ducati from a second tier team. Now THAT's impressive!

russell_bynum
You guys keep forgetting about Barros - man, he gets a 3rd position and beats the factory boys riding a Ducati from a second tier team. Now THAT's impressive!

Alex is a great rider and when he's hot, he's RED hot. Keep in mind...he's one of the few riders who ever beat Rossi when Rossi was on the Honda. He was absolutely thrilling in WSB last year...running what basically amounts to a privateer team on a shoestring budget and going toe to toe with Haga, Toesland, Corser, and Bayliss on the factory bikes.

He is "The Doctor' thumbsup.gif. Good to see at least one Honda competive...not that big a fan of Pedrosa but he is a talent

wrestleantares

It has been a good season. Not a bad race in the bunch.

I have been very disappointed with Nicky and Pedrosa (Nicky because he is losing and Pedrosa because he isn't - as badly anyway.

Stoner has been a surprise this year, as has the Ducati on the first few tracks. It looks like they have been reined in somewhat by the other leader capable riders/bikes.

Cheers for Barros this week.

Jeers for Hayden - can't keep in front of Vermulean. Except for Hayden's last rain match he has not really been even close to the front. Is it him? Is it the bike? Should he have jumped to a new ride this year?

Of course what we really need to see is a MotoLT race. Only full boat luxury tourers in excess of 800 pounds. Pillion rider required. Included in the race is after the final lap you have to set up camp.

Jeers for Hayden - can't keep in front of Vermulean

What a way to kick a guy when he's down! smirk.gif And Vermeulen is no slouch...hell of a rider, and with the Suzie working better this year, a force to be reckoned with. Now if Nicky were behind Kurtis, then we could talk... lmao.gif

Nicky's not having a great year this year, true dat. It's unfortunate, but I still think he's a great racer. Like Russell said, if bike and tire are now finally working, and the problem lies with Nicky, he'll fix it...just give it a few races. (Also keep in mind he was riding this one with a cracked rib, though he didn't blame that for his poor performance on Sunday). I think the last few races were bike and tire though. Yes, I think Nicky is probably kicking himself for not taking the Ducati ride, but he went with HRC because they were supposed to be the sure thing. Ducati would have been a gamble (it would have paid off, but still a gamble). Unforutnately, I think HRC believed they were a sure thing too, and that arrogance cost them in the first few races since they didn't have a bike that could deliver.

As for the race, it was a "cracker" as the announcers would say! Loved seeing Rossi triumph in front of the home crowd. It'll be interesting to see how Dani does in front of his home crowd next week.

Yes, the Doctor was in rare form - not an overly exciting race up front for the fans past half way, but what a ride ... still down on top end to the competition and yet he pulls away from everyone.

Rossi's not only a fantastic rider, but also a great showman, he stops for the fans and almost get his head torn off , even gives a spectator a ride blush.gif and leads the singing of the national anthem like leading an orchestra ... no one else would even dream of that.

Its a great time to be alive and have the opportunity to see some of the folks who are argueably the best of all time in their sport ...

Michael Jordan

Michael Schumacher

Lance Armstrong

Roger Federer

Tiger Woods

Valentino Rossi

You are 100% correct! It is a pleasure to watch the aforementioned athletes. Rossi is incredible.
Shawnee Bill

Michael Jordan

Michael Schumacher

Lance Armstrong

Roger Federer

Tiger Woods

Valentino Rossi

And the GOAT!!!! clap.gifclap.gif

Good race and I actually got to watch one....work keeps getting in the way dopeslap.gif

Don't be a slave to money. smile.gif

wrestleantares

I agree, Vermeulen is no slouch. We did not get to see enough of their battle for my statement to really be fair.

It has been a tough year for Hayden fans (myself included in that number).

I just felt like he should have jumped ship because it did not appear that Repsol felt like/feel like Hayden is their A rider.

Archived