IGNORED

Keeping clean when on the road. (The bike, not me)

eddd

I second all the comments on Plexus...only thing to add is that I carry a couple of hand-towel size microfiber towels to soak in water and wipe the worst stuff off the bike after a couple of days...I've found that if I use some hotel bar soap to scrub the towels and then rinse them in the sink...couple of minutes and even the worst dirt comes off...wring the towel well and it's almost dry and clean enough for the windshield and helmet screen the next day. No upset hotel maids, either! smile.gif

What do you use to clean things up when on an extended trip.

Wash mitt and chamois in the bag, and a local self-serve car wash, and the pony's cleaned up in no time at all. grin.gif

blitzkreig

I use a coin operated power sprayer ... at the end of the day before the bug juice acids get a chance to etch the paint. eek.gif

I use a coin operated power sprayer ... at the end of the day before the bug juice acids get a chance to etch the paint. eek.gif

Yep, despite all the protestations that this will destroy wheel bearings, cause electrical systems to fry, and cause cats to drop out of the sky, I haven't had any problem with using the power sprayers. The key, of course, is to use a little bit of common sense, avoiding the sensitive stuff and not using the full force of the sprayer six inches from the bike.

Archived