IGNORED

R1150RT Seat Cushions

Viceroy

I have a 2002 RT that came with a Sargent seat. It was a bad fit for me, so I bought a used Comfort seat that is somewhat better, although still not as comfortable as I would like. Instead of spending a lot of money for a new custom seat, I'm considering some sort of cushion like an Airhawk or Sheepskin cover. Can anyone who has experience in this area give me some guidance on the pros and cons and what a good solution might be? Any info would be most appreciated.

Sell the Sargent, and use the money to get a Rick Mayer seat. You won't be disappointed. also the airhawk is over half the price of a new seat if you buy a solo.

I have the "comfort seat" with a well used sheepskin that I'm informed, looks like road kill. It allow my 60 year old posterior to survive 1200 km days in good shape (or as good as a 60 year old posterior can be). Other areas of my anatomy are not always as sound after a long day in the saddle.

I don't need no stinkin' aftermarket saddle. Road kill works for me. It never gets hot in the sun. It is warm when the morning air is cool and it makes a great pillow rolled up in my sleeping bag stuff sack when I'm camping.

Archived