IGNORED

Motorcycle Dreams

Paul_Burkett

Paul_Burkett

Last night, comfortable in slumber, I was off in dream land and what do you think happened again? You got it, another dream of being off some place on the bike. Some times I am off riding in the mountains, other times I am in some strange situation trying to get the bike started in the living room and can't find my pants so I'm stuck riding around inside of the house. Life is normal around here, I'm not on any medication, I don't think that I am any weirder than the general population on this board, but every now and then, it happens.

How about you? Does this happen to you? If not, then maybe I am in need of some meds and I am weird.

And the answer to your question, No, I am not related to GelStra. But I think we drink from the same cool-aid jar.

I rarely have a dream that doesn't involve motorcycles. Last night I somehow missed a turn and ended up in Canada and was having all sorts of trouble getting back....ended up in an elevator that turned into a tram in the mountains with a bear sitting on the front of it....then the phone rang and I woke up..... analyze that.... lurker.gif

Lets_Play_Two
Last night, comfortable in slumber, I was off in dream land and what do you think happened again? You got it, another dream of being off some place on the bike. Some times I am off riding in the mountains, other times I am in some strange situation trying to get the bike started in the living room and can't find my pants so I'm stuck riding around inside of the house. Life is normal around here, I'm not on any medication, I don't think that I am any weirder than the general population on this board, but every now and then, it happens.

How about you? Does this happen to you? If not, then maybe I am in need of some meds and I am weird.

And the answer to your question, No, I am not related to GelStra. But I think we drink from the same cool-aid jar.

It is when you stop dreaming that you need to get professional help!!! grin.gif

I was out in the driveway washing my bike, when the new neighbor came by. She happens to be a beautiful blond.ooo.gif She tells me how hot she is & could I cool her off with the hose. I gladly do so. Just then my wife comes out the front door screaming "what are you doing"! Then says, if the neighbor is hot take her for a ride on your motorcycle silly. clap.gif Ok, I made that one up, but I can't wait until I fall asleep tonight. grin.gif

i've had several dreams involving my bike but they're never plesant dreams. the dreams always involve my bike being stolen, the bike being wrecked, the wheels majically disappearing while i'm riding it.

I guess I'm officially a bike nerd - or just getting old.

I have this recurring dream of Eva Longoria sitting completely naked on a brand new, fire red Ducati 1098. She beckons me over and with a seductive whisper, asks, "Do you see anything here you'd like to ride?"

And with all the coolness that only a 47 year old married father of two can muster, I answer with breathless anticipation, "Yeah. Wait here and I'll bring it back in a little while."

Motorcycle dreams, absolutely ! In my dreams the bikes are regular, irregular and surreal; a re-ocurring event is riding with 'ape hangers' which are only loosely attached to the front forks and that's a bummer. Less strange are dreams riding down from the mountains in some hard to identify US state that I've come to think of as "Ohidoe".

Most odd, the dreams can be low budget productions where the bike I'm riding isn't there; some one forgot to include it in the props box .

Wooster who wishes Eva Longoria would do a cameo tonite

I have a couple of recurring moto dreams, the first has me storing a motorcycle somewhere and forgetting where I have stored it, this one is sometimes incredibly real and I've been having this dream for many years. There is usually a financial side to it as well where I will have to pay a big bill for storage, it's definitely related to a dream I used to have about living in a hotel and forgetting to pay.

The second involves riding a bike with ape hangers, they are perfectly well attached to the bike but too high to control it, for some reason this often occurs on my old San Diego commute route.

Archived