IGNORED

San Diego Techdaze June 2nd--The Poll

BluesTraveler

BluesTraveler

Thanks Leslie and Jamie for hosting yesterdays Techdaze. I really enjoy these events as its a great way to meet up with everyone and see once again how its all done. My GSA needed nothing this time around so I assisted my friend Mark with a brake fluid flush and bleed on his GS. I did take a few pictures which are posted in a new album in my Webshot that can be seen in the link below in my signature.

Thanks once again for a GREAT time.

Bill_Walker

As you probably know, a "mini" TechDaze was held at Casa Edmonds (that'd be the home of KMG_365 and Les_is_more) on Saturday, June 2. This report has nothing to do with that.

It was just another typical day at the Edmonds', with the usual motley assortment of friends hanging around...

IMG_0376.jpg

...and taking up all the on-street parking.

IMG_0377.jpg

In their usual locust-like fashion, these so-called friends descended on the sumptuous breakfast provided by Leslie and decimated it.

IMG_0381.jpg

After that, as is common at these gatherings, everybody decided to get naked.

IMG_0380.jpg

(BTW, here's an advanced TechDaze hosting hint: get your next-door neighbors to abandon their house so you can use their lawn for Tupperware storage)

After that, it really got strange. Tim was so attached to Tess' RT that he tried to get it to sit in his lap.

IMG_0368.jpg

Tess had to double-check it to make sure Tim hadn't caused any damage.

IMG_0372.jpg

This man is wearing something on his head made by a company called "Under Armour"! Is that where it's supposed to go?

IMG_0382.jpg

He later demonstrated the Arizona version of ATGATT, as modified by California's helmet law, and Jamie gave him a lecture about it.

IMG_0387.jpg

By then, the hallucinogens had apparently kicked in, because we were all seeing this little green-clad gnome all over the place.

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

Ho hum. Just another ordinary day at Casa Edmonds.

IMG_0375.jpg

That's all, folks! Apologies to Whip for my poor imitation of his style.

It was just another typical day at the Edmonds', with the usual motley assortment of friends hanging around...

IMG_0376.jpg

Hi from sunny Montana - Wish I could have been there but it's nice to see my honey and my bike made it. Thanks all for helping Gar do my brakes. Although he doesn't seem to be working too hard in this picture. BUSTED!!! smirk.gif

He had a great time and really enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting new friends.

Thanks Leslie and Jamie for opening your home. Hopefully we can do the same someday.

n

You have it all wrong. Gary was amazing...I mean the man was a machine! He had that done in record time and was kind enough to pass on some wisdom (as in the picture above).

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Please note that no actors were used in the preceding post and that all factual statements may have been used alternate contexts. Please contact Legal for further clarification.

Special thanks to Leslie and Jamie for hosting this such a great time to check our horses. It was great to see and meet everyone having a good time wrenching...

My used 02 RT bike is now acting like a champ. No more squeaking on brakes, engine idle is now so smooth, and the engine power had a tremendous positive change. I feel like I have a brand new engine on my 02 R1150RT bike.

I really want to thank everyone who help me to get my bike run to it's best performance. I never imagine that I can do it with my own hands (ie. pulling out/in the tupperwares, replacing brake pads, cleaning air filter, replacing spark plugs, and valve adjustment). I could never do such like this without your professional guidance.

Thanks again,

dopeslap.gifGery

In their usual locust-like fashion, these so-called friends descended on the sumptuous breakfast provided by Leslie and decimated it.
You only ate one tenth of the breakfast Leslie prepared - I hope you are all ashamed of yourselves.

"I'll bring the TwinMax..."

Bill_Walker
You only ate one tenth of the breakfast Leslie prepared - I hope you are all ashamed of yourselves.

Apologies for my imprecise use of the term "decimated". lmao.gif

And, BTW, I brought the TwinMax. We put it on Steve's bike (I think it was) after Jamie had synced it with his manometer, and it was in complete agreement.

And to mention about Leslie & Jamie open bar. I really enjoyed the Pale Ale beer after the dinner. I wish I have space to crash in for an overnight to get my minimun 10% clean-up on the BAR side....

Will bring more Asian eggrolls next time.

Thanks again,

lurker.gifGery

You guys crack me up! lmao.gif

First, I have to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who came and helped out the rest of the wrenchers! Bill Walker and Tim especially did a FINE job of helping out with valves and brakes and other tuning projects. A certain "Pimp Hun" kept me busy most of the day, so thanks to all of you who helped out and "spread the love"! dopeslap.gif

Thanks to Leslie for taking time from her busy week of rehearsing, performing and trying to make our construction site presentable (while still not feeling 100%) to shop and prepare food for the hungry wrenchers!

Thanks to SteveB and PJ for coming and helping out with logistics, cleaning up and bringing dessert!

Thanks to Gary for the yummy "blondies" (but we all know it was Nancy who made them! grin.gif ), and to Gery for the delicious lumpia!! If you want to see a definition of "decimated"--you should've seen what a dozen hungry wrenchers did to that rather large tin of hot Philipine egg rolls Gery produced from his side bag right before lunch time! He handed them to me and I was standing in the middle of the driveway with a corner of the tin foil folded back and it was like watching a swarm of bees on the only blooming flower in the neighborhood! lmao.gif "Hey, where'd you get that?" "Gery just brought them--they're delicious! Jamie's got them over there." . . . buzz, buzz, buzz . . . . After the initial feeding frenzy slaked a bit, I set them on the table with the rest of the snacks and when I went back inside not half an hour later--they were all gone! blush.gif

Gery, I'm glad you did those brake pads and valves when you did! I hope the valves didn't suffer any lasting damage from being SO tight for all those miles, and the brakes could've gotten ugly if they had worn through a bit more. When you get your new shocks, you'll have to pull (or at least loosen) the gas tank, and once you've gotten that far you'd be well advised to bleed those brakes if they've been neglected like the rest of the bike! I can see your fluid coming out even darker than that espresso Tom had in his front wheel circuit! blush.gif

It was nice to meet Steve ("skyskier") and always great to see "the weasel" again! Getting a surprise visit from the (newly retired!) Rodger and Sue was a special treat--sorry you all missed seeing Leslie during her five-hour rehearsal! dopeslap.gif

It was a pleasure to host "Bob and Dianne" and Tom "azkaisr" here for part of the weekend as well! I'm both looking foward to and dreading Tom's upcoming "Wrenching Tale"! I just hope I don't end up with another nickname. tongue.gif

A neighbor, Eric, stopped by to show off his new '07 R1200RT, and it was nice of Keith to repay the favor and help Mark with his brakes this time! smile.gif

We missed seeing Marco "glockster" and "Kenny2" at the Tech Daze, but got to see them both at the First Responder for Motorcyclists course yesterday at least--which was another ripping success--if I do say so myself! wave.gif

As always, it was a great weekend with great folks, but I'm EXHAUSTED! I got the majority of the garage cleaned out in time, but there's more to do and if I can get my tired butt out of my chair I should probably go out and work on it some more! dopeslap.gif

If I understand the pictures correctly:

If looks like Tess is checking to ensure that Tim set the chain tension correctly.

The gnome actually is wearing a black shirt and a blue hat.

Hopefully next time you have one of these things someone will bring the hosts a can of paint for the dining room walls. That way, all the extra managers will have something to do while the worker bees are attending to the bikes...

Apologies for my imprecise use of the term "decimated". lmao.gif

And, BTW, I brought the TwinMax. We put it on Steve's bike (I think it was) after Jamie had synced it with his manometer, and it was in complete agreement.

I will mount no other Twin Max on the RT but Bob's. I am sure he is on the way down soon.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Hi Leslie & Jamie,

I am not sure if this just me of how I felt...

When I came-in to your place last Saturday noon time, I felt so welcome to everyone. I saw real SMILES from their heart as I greet everyone during your TechDaze get together. And I felt so warm with love when I enter your open home sweet home.

I think the foundation of LOVE and FRIENDSHIP you both show us on this board is the main calamederie on this event. It's nice to see good friends helping each other and sharing ideas regarding our motorcycle passion.

Once again, thanks to Leslie and Jamie for wonderful time...

Sincerely,

thumbsup.gifGery

Wow, thanks for the kind words, Gery! All that we've learned about spreading that Moto-love comes from hanging out here waaay too much! We're more than happy to pay it forward! grin.gif

Hopefully next time you have one of these things someone will bring the hosts a can of paint for the dining room walls. That way, all the extra managers will have something to do while the worker bees are attending to the bikes...
Wow, good thing you didn't see the bare Durock concrete backerboard on the kitchen floor! blush.giftongue.gif

Hey Tom--where are those famous pics?? lurker.gifgrin.gif

Bill_Walker
Wow, good thing you didn't see the bare Durock concrete backerboard on the kitchen floor!

There was actually some discussion, while you were out of the room, of having a "Tile-Laying TechDaze" at your house to take care of that little issue! Of course, if the thought of about fourteen of us trying to simultaneously lay tile in that somewhat irregular space doesn't make you cringe, well...

But if you name the date, I'll betcha a bunch of us will show up to help in any way we can!

Wow, thanks for the kind words, Gery! All that we've learned about spreading that Moto-love comes from hanging out here waaay too much! We're more than happy to pay it forward! grin.gif

Wow, good thing you didn't see the bare Durock concrete backerboard on the kitchen floor! blush.giftongue.gif

Hey Tom--where are those famous pics?? lurker.gifgrin.gif

I just now got home from work.....soon

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

!

There was actually some discussion, while you were out of the room, of having a "Tile-Laying TechDaze" at your house to take care of that little issue! Of course, if the thought of about fourteen of us trying to simultaneously lay tile in that somewhat irregular space doesn't make you cringe, well...

But if you name the date, I'll betcha a bunch of us will show up to help in any way we can!

Tile-Lying TechDaze? I am IN.... Just say the magic words. Then I can probably get someone for another hand to install my new Olin's front and rear shocks...

As always,

dopeslap.gifGery

Archived