IGNORED

Instrument Gauges (Schmutz under lenses)

Tominator

Anyone have suggestions how to clean under the cluster lenses? Mine are really foggy and getting worse with age. I have not removed them, I know on the BMW R1100S's you can dismantle the gauge cluster.

What would you recomment to clean the lenses so that no streaks or fogging would return? Alcohol or ammonia?

Thanks dopeslap.gif

Tomas

Fogging will likely return (over time) despite your efforts but both choices of cleaning fluid would work.

Using a low lint cloth is helpful unless you have compressed air as a aid.

Minor amendment. Both mentioned fluids work well on glass but if the gauge crystal is acrylic I would lean toward alcohol first.

Both mentioned fluids work well on glass but if the gauge crystal is acrylic I would lean toward alcohol first

+1

What would you recomment to clean the lenses so that no streaks or fogging would return? Alcohol or ammonia?

Thanks dopeslap.gif

Alcohol....a ..lot.. of...Alcohol, lmao.gif don't really know what to advise on the glass.

You're asking about the speedo and tach right?

Unfortunately on the R1150RT they can not be disassembled without destroying the crimped on trim ring. Some people have had some success removing them and blowing drying air in the rather small illuminating lamp holes. But as mentioned it will likely return as you have a leak into them somewhere.

Archived