IGNORED

Help! BMW Roadside # needed!

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser

Hi all,

A friend and outstanding RT pilot, Mark Uueck, is stranded in Benton CA with a broken down bike...if you don't know, Benton CA is home of Benton Hot Springs, a great moto destination. It is 175 miles south of Reno, and 250 east of Roseville CA at CA 120 and US 6...

He has no cell service in Benton, but will call in a bit with a number of the Benton Service Station...

If there is anyone from Central CA or NV who might be able to help him, I'm sure he'd appreciate it!

TIA,

Steve in So Cal

AdventurePoser

Here is an update. Mark is gonna attempt to ride the bike to Bishop, CA. At least there are motels, and probably a U-Haul place...

Still looking for a number for BMW Emergency Roadside service if anyone has it...

Mucho Thanks,

Steve

Firefight911

1-800-225-1575

If he gets somewhere closer to me, I can always go get him with the trailer on Monday when I get off work!

AdventurePoser

He lives in Roseville, I believe. His plan must be to get the broken Beemer to A&S...

Many thanks for the numbers, both of you. He's at a Gas Station where there is no cell service, and the phone won't allow incoming calls. That's probably how they cured the drug dealer problem in Benton! dopeslap.gif

Steve

He lives in Roseville, I believe. His plan must be to get the broken Beemer to A&S...

Many thanks for the numbers, both of you. He's at a Gas Station where there is no cell service, and the phone won't allow incoming calls. That's probably how they cured the drug dealer problem in Benton! dopeslap.gif

Steve

He's out in the middle of not much...Benton is really small but if he is a member of BMW MOA there are 3 listings in Bishop in the Anonymous book if he can make it down there..Those guys will lend a hand.....I think he's about 50-60 miles above it...I can't find BMW roadside service number in the book.....

Phil.......Redbrick

Pass him my # (530) 626 4707. If he is still stuck by tomorrow (Sunday) I can run down from Placerville and get him with my truck (need an excuse to get away from the mother in law anyway). Any idea what the problem is?

Nick

FYI, I just spoke w/him (he is now in Bishop) and he is going to try to make it this direction tomorrow, but he has both my home and cel # in case he needs me to come get him......I had a very similar tire issue in the very same area 2 years ago, so I can relate. Oil leak sounds like it is pretty minor but something he needs to keep an eye on as well.....

Firefight911

I just got off the phone with him as well!!

Between Nick and I, we'll get him home!!

Just spreadin' the love one rider at a time!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Just spreadin' the love one rider at a time!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

Wow.......What a great group!! thumbsup.gif

You guys are just awesome! clap.gifclap.gif

Phil.........Redbrick

He is on the road....has my #'s and will call if he get stuck, but the tire is ok (threads showing) for now.

Sorry,

Late to this thread, but can also help today (Sunday) if needed. I have motorcycle transport capability as well as tire change / tools, etc. at home in Minden. Just holler if I can help.

His cel # is 916 390 3301. He should be in your area by now, if I hear from him I will let him know of your offer. What is your #?

Nick

Nick, et al...

Way to step up guys.

Kudos to all of you.

While I hope I'm never in that boat, if I am, I'd like it to be near ya'll. clap.gif

Nick, et al...

Way to step up guys.

Kudos to all of you.

While I hope I'm never in that boat, if I am, I'd like it to be near ya'll. clap.gif

No worries, I do enjoy giving the rest of you guy grief but when the chips are down we got to stick together...been over 3 hours now and he hasn't called since he left so I am hopeful he is getting closer to home. I will post an update when I hear from him.

Just got the word everyone is home safe and sound, all be it with a very bad looking tire....

clap.gif [/quote

Great job!

Thanks

Whip

AdventurePoser

Just got off the phone with Mark, he got home about an hour ago. He is completely overwhelmed with the generosity of this group.

Thanks, guys...

Steve

Firefight911

Glad I checked here! I was about to call him to check up on him.

Glad he made it home safe and sound.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Archived