IGNORED

Look What I Got Today

flyingreg

I purchased this today for my daughter, Melissa. Melissa is 17. She just completed her MSF course, graduated from Liberty High with an overall 3.9 gpa and was accepted at Cal State Bakersfield in their Honors program! So, this is kind of a graduation gift. Yeah, I'm a little excited at having a new bike in the garage too! I plan to pick it up Monday.

Ninja250.jpgNinja250R.jpgNinja250EX.jpg

Jerry_75_Guy

Dude...wish you'd been around to talk to my parents when I graduated from H.S. wink.gif

I had my dad half way talked into letting me buy a BMW R100 , but mom put the kabosh on that; she's still not happy I ride, and I'm 46 tongue.gif

That's a fantastic GPA!; what will your daughter be majoring in?

Firefight911

That's just too cool for school!!! Oh yea!!! She graduated. tongue.gif

Way to go proud papa!!!! clap.gifclap.gif Way to go Melissa!!!! clap.gifclap.gif

Looking forward to the ride tale of the two of you on a journey of adventure!! thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the well wishes. Melissa is a real good kid and smart too. She will be majoring in nursing. CSUB has a graduate program for nursing. We offered her to pick a school. Melissa chose CSUB and live at home. She said we were cool parents so why go elsewhere for college. grin.gif

Mom and daughter are leaving for week long trip tomorrow, Disneyland, Padres baseball game, and maybe Seaworld. So, I may get to ride the new bike for a few days before they return. The bike is in Buena Park, my local dealer was sold out of his allotment of 250 Ninja's.

Flames cool.gif

And a girl's color too. thumbsup.gif

Hey, I resemble that remark. crazy.gif The RT is blue. I'll have to ask my therapist the meaning of this. tongue.gif
Shawnee Bill
Flames cool.gif

And a girl's color too. thumbsup.gif

Hey, I resemble that remark. crazy.gif The RT is blue. I'll have to ask my therapist the meaning of this. tongue.gif

I guess it depends on who picked the colors ooo.gif

Blue comes in various shades, surely the RT is a darker blue? grin.gif

Dude...wish you'd been around to talk to my parents when I graduated from H.S. wink.gif

No kiddin'. Good job Dad (& Mom).

Now she can start hitting you up for accessories. Clothing, luggage, and all the farkles. You've started down a slippery slope. Enjoy. I know she will.

Will she be commuting to school on it? That was one thing I loved about having a motorcycle while I was in school. I could park about six blocks closer to GA State on a bike. Made it worth taking the bike even in freezing rain. Well, okay, anything short of icy roads.

Ever thought of adopting? grin.gif

Enjoy your time together.

Congrats on her graduation and acceptance college.

Mark_Turner

Man, she is smart, the closest I ever got to a 3.9 was my blood alcohol level. What year is that Ninja? Looks really good.

What a nice dad! Great first bike, by the way - and I know experienced riders who still have Ninja 250s in their stables - they are quite fun bikes and very competent in the twisties. Not to mention unbelievably economical to operate - 80 mpg is easily obtainable on these if you ride them at legal speeds.

Congrats to Melissa for her graduation and acceptance at CSUB!

Hopefully Melissa will get to ride her motorcycle alot, but something tells me that dad is going to be finding a lot of reasons to "road test" the bike...

texasaggie97

Wow, that is great! Best wishes and ride well. Dad, I think you should plan a short ride to one of the national parks near you. I wish my dad would have taken me on a trip like that.

Conrgats on doing a great job parenting you should write a book I work for a college and I wish there were more kids who parents are involved in there lives.

Blessings

Congratulations to the parents for a job well done.

Congratulations to the scholar for a job well done.

Here's wishing many years and many miles of fun together for you and your fab family. clap.gif

Would you be needing a son? I don't eat much, have already graduated from college with Highest Honors, and would send you a Father's Day card every year. lurker.gif

Man, she is smart, the closest I ever got to a 3.9 was my blood alcohol level. What year is that Ninja? Looks really good.
lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

The Ninja is a '007. Kawasaki is practically giving them away. I may ride it now and then. But, it is really going to be her bike, well, most the time. dopeslap.gif

Yeah, I'm a little excited at having a new bike in the garage too!
Yeah, but is she ever going to get to ride it??? bncry.gif
Yeah, I'm a little excited at having a new bike in the garage too!
Yeah, but is she ever going to get to ride it??? bncry.gif
Oh yeah she will. I'm shopping for me now. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif
I may ride it now and then. But, it is really going to be her bike...dopeslap.gif

That seems to disagree with the title of your post... grin.gif

"Look What I Got Today"

Melissa's bike. Oh sure...

lmao.gif

Congratulations to Melissa on all counts! And I hope she learns how to hide her keys

Melissa-----------

start writing down the mileage every time you park the bike. Your Dad is sneaking it out at night after you go to bed. It's the best way to catch him.

Funny, my two children aged 19 and 24 never had an interest in motorcycles. Neither has asked or wants to ride but I didn't encourage them either. I guess I am a bad dad. Nice bike though, when I wanted a motorcycle at 17, I got the green light from my mother. My dad didn't know. Only catch is I had to pay for it. No problem, I had a job that paid $1.65 per/hr.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Way to go Gary! You are a super dad!

I hope my kid doesn't see this.

Melissa's bike. Oh sure...

lmao.gif

Congratulations to Melissa on all counts! And I hope she learns how to hide her keys

No, really, it is her bike. Honest!

It does need to have a proper break-in period. The sacrifices we must make as parents. Oh, the pain of it all. dopeslap.gif

Archived