IGNORED

California redwoods to Crater Lake

Chunky

Ok, so it took me a while to process all the photos & video. Of course I won't include all in this post but had to include a few of my favorites. My friends Warren(logicisme) & Jon(denydog) traveled many miles together on this road trip. We included The Avenue of Giants and the Lost Coast. On the way home to Oregon Warren & I took a chance that Crater Lake would be open & were blessed with some spectacular views of the lake with snow everywhere else. It was 22 degrees that morning as we struck out from our humble motel after scraping the frost off our bikes. We rode just over 1400 miles total taking 3 days to return home via back roads. We enjoyed visits with some wonderful folks and waited 45 minutes for fresh blueberry pie to bake so we could get a slice while it was still hot. Yum! The chef looked really proud of his creations, or what was left of them. Check out the stampede we got caught in upon entering Crater Lake. Seems they were having a cattle drive. Thanks for a memorable first WCRM.

Pie_1.jpg

Tree8.jpg

Bob_Galo.jpg

CL_17.jpg

Kubo, Thanks for the post. Bring back old memories. I lived in Ferndale CA.and spent quite a bit of time outside of Honeydew which you pasted through on your Lost Coast ride. Visited Crater Lake last year, beautiful. Its hard to explain how breath taking that country is. The pics help. Thanks clap.gif

ncsonderman

Great pictures and story! I rode the same road grin.gifback in 99. I was talking about that ride tonight at a friends birthday/going away party. Turns out he was born in Klamath Falls.

You rode up to Crater Lake a full month earlier than I did and I still encountered roads that were lined with snow near the top of the crater.

Ahhh the memories thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the great pics Bob. We're starting s similiar loop on Wednesday morning. Bend to Mt. Lassen and Lake Almanor. Feather river Canyon from Almanor to Ukiah. Ukiah, Redwoods on the way to Weaverville. Weaverville along the Klamath River to Jacksonville, OR. Jacksonville, Crater Lake and back home to Bend. Can't wait!

Nice shots Bob grin.gif

I didn't have time to ride over there this time, I'll have to catch that next time I'm up there.

The wife and I will be riding from Wenatchee to Bend, then over to Grants Pass, Crescent City. Haven't been through the Redwoods for a couple of years, really looking forward to it. Lunch at Patrick Creek for sure.

After visiting family in Ukiah, perhaps we'll ride 253 and up Hwy 1 for a bit. Yahoo!!!!

Great pictures and thank for sharing.

Archived