IGNORED

New Here, Picked up my first BMW friday.

JiminPA

Hi all. I am new kind of new here, but I have been lurking and learing some great info over the last couple of months. I just picked up my first BMW yesterday. clap.gif I got a 2004 R1150RT with just under 2000 miles on it, photo attached. I heve been riding motorcycles for along time but mostly Japanese bikes and my last was a HD Road King. I have a lot to learn about BMWs and I am sure I will have some questions that may seem dumb to the long term BMW riders but I have learn somehow so why not learn from the guys with the experience. Well thanks for all the good info so far and hope to meet some of you someday. Perhaps the Unrally, don't know for sure on that one yet.

869385-VABlue.jpg.2c0438754eec932a0c731b92de233b2b.jpg

Lineareagle

Hey welcome,

Too bad about that bike you bought though,

well if you have any second thoughts,

I could probably take it off your hands.

grin.gif

Welcome Jim, thats a great find with such low miles. I had an 03, same color. I like my 05, but sure do miss that bike.

Pat

That is a SWEEEEET looking RT - and with only 2k miles, it's not even broken in yet. Not knocking Harley (I just got off a Road Glide myself), but I think you're going to fall in love with riding all over again. thumbsup.gif

Too bad you couldn't find on that was "broken in". grin.gif

Congrats on the new ride. Looking forward to some reports as you two get to know each other. thumbsup.gif

Nice bike! I really love the looks of the 1100 and 1150RTs. thumbsup.gif

Really???

Petenewbikepix004.jpg

Wanna trade??? My 1100 for your 12?

Jim, congrats and what a great looking bike!

Very pretty bike! Damn, I wish I had one of those twin-spark RTs. Oh, wait... I do have one of those twin-spark RTs. I have no doubt you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Welcome to the forum. wave.gif

Guy's,.....

i don't know about this one confused.gif

After all, it is blue grin.gif

Welcome to the madness wave.gif

Uummm...Biaritz Blue, my favorite color and the fastest color to. Welcome to the community!

Cheers!

Hi all, Jim Here again.

I got some riding time today and I am going to love the RT. After my road king its like going from a truck to sports car. I must admit I do have to adjust my riding technique a bit. It sure has a much different feel to it. I am still a little jerky on shifts and those brakes. After riding my HD which took forever to stop its quite a change.

Best of all, one of my reasons for the change was some lower back problems that the HD seemed to make worse. The RT seems to be much better and after todays ride, no pain! grin.gif

I did develop problem with my winshield today though. I put it down and it won't come back up. I put a post in the oilheads forum if you have an suggestions. confused.gif

Jim

Best of all, one of my reasons for the change was some lower back problems that the HD seemed to make worse. The RT seems to be much better and after todays ride, no pain! grin.gif

Jim

That lower back pain was your wallet complaining about chrome HD products. Welcome to the land of Tupperware. It's just as expensive as chrome, but it comes in many colors. dopeslap.gif

Great find on a nice looking RT. I like the color and tried to find one myself. I ended up with the Titan Gray, which just so happens to be a better color.

Good luck with it and get some head protectors!

Hi all. I am new kind of new here, but I have been lurking and learing some great info over the last couple of months. I just picked up my first BMW yesterday. clap.gif I got a 2004 R1150RT with just under 2000 miles on it, photo attached. I heve been riding motorcycles for along time but mostly Japanese bikes and my last was a HD Road King. I have a lot to learn about BMWs and I am sure I will have some questions that may seem dumb to the long term BMW riders but I have learn somehow so why not learn from the guys with the experience. Well thanks for all the good info so far and hope to meet some of you someday. Perhaps the Unrally, don't know for sure on that one yet.

Let me know when you want to get out for a ride ,I head out through central pa quite a bit . I am N.E. in Montrose . Dave

Good find! I'm pretty partial to that model/color myself!

The wife & I have had some of the best times of our lives riding that beauty, touring around California.

Welcome to the board. The "Search" function is your friend! smile.gif

WyreNut

Yeah, I'm partial to the color, too. You've got a sweet bike and your deal was even better than mine by 900 miles. Great for you! Hope to meet up with you sometime and ride. thumbsup.gif

155079329-M.jpg

Francois_Dumas

Looking very nice ! Welcome to the forums and wishing you many happy miles... smile.gif

Congrats on the BMW and a great find. You will love the bike. I had to get used to the mirror position, turn signal non-canceling, and a few other quirks, but I got over it... Ride it for a while and let the great machine grow on you.

Welcome to the group, You have a bunch or BMW riders up your way!!

BK

Welcome Jim, great choice of a bike!! Nice to see more PA riders on the board. Let me know if you ever head to western PA.

Archived