IGNORED

Phoenix Switch

Michael_T

Okay, O-gods of all farkles electric,

I bid you welcome with volts, ohms and amps of good cheer!

I have been looking for a solution to adding switches for farkles and came across this part application from our BMW LT "brethern". I think this is great!

Phoenix Switch

The BMW part number is 61 31 7 660 444 for the housing (and the 6 switches are after market.

My question is whether this part will fit onto the RT handle bars?

Michael

Bill_Walker
My question is whether this part will fit onto the RT handle bars?
I don't think so. For the RT you want the "authorities" housing. Go here - Switches Authorities

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks vaguely like this switch housing mounts where the stereo radio controls would be on an 1150RT that was equipped with the radio. Is that right? If so, very cool!

The authority housing will mount on either handlebar. If there are no radio controls it will mount in the same location. If you have a radio, you can mount it on the throttle side instead.

The authority housing will mount on either handlebar. If there are no radio controls it will mount in the same location. If you have a radio, you can mount it on the throttle side instead.

I know there's a right one and a left one on the 1200 I think the 1150 is the same.

And yet another upper housing you can put on top of those...(or the radio control I would guess if you're careful)

R1200RT-P Switch Housings

It's part 61317694892 and 61317694661 and some screws.

Sidmariner

Head's up!. I just installed the RT-P switch unit on the left handlebar of my RT to control my auxiliary fog lights and a yet-to-be-decided accessory.

It looks great, but it does limit a bit of handlebar travel when the tank bag is in place.

Archived