IGNORED

Slick Saddle

Eureka

I have a leather after market saddle on my 12RT. I've followed the maker's directions and used a leather preservative/treatment on it. It has gotten very slick, so much so that I find myself moving around on it when I don't want to be. The passenger saddle is even worse which makes for some interesting two-up riding.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to de-slicken the saddles without damaging the leather? I've tried soapy water, different leather treatments etc. with no solution.

Firefight911

Saddle soap is an excellent product to remove unwanted oils and dirt without drying the leather.

Bill_Walker

This might depend a little bit on your gear. I have a Bill Mayer leather saddle on my RT. If I wear my Rev'It pants, I'm very solid. If I wear my Aerostich Roadcrafter, I slide all over the place. It all depends on the choice of fabric, I guess.

Formerly_Capecodbeemer

Had the same problem on a Cee Baileys. Look for a shoe waterproofing product called "sno seal". I think one of the ingredients is beeswax. Wipe it in and buff it off and there is a residual stickyness that holds you in place. Reapply as needed.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Zymol, or prolly any other, leather cleaner will unslicken it.

Archived