IGNORED

100,000 today!

Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill

Today as I pulled into my driveway my R1100R rolled over 100,000 miles!

It's a '95 model, I bought it 4 years ago this July with 5500 miles on it and the speedo glass was already cracked.

I have been saying that when it got to 100,000 I was trading for something, first a wee-Strom, then a Multistrada, but the more I look the less I see that I want to trade down to. So I am keeping this one a while longer! So far no major problems, a clutch cable, a front brake master cylinder rebuild, replaced a head gasket, right side throttle body replaced.

It has never been in the shop for anything other than tires, and I have changed the last several of those.

It's on it's second alternator belt, looks like a new one, the belt that is clap.gif

158219112-M.jpg

ericfoerster

Good job Bill thumbsup.gif

I still think that is one of the best bikes built by BMW. My Uncle tried to kill his for years and it never died.

Maybe 200,000 is in reach?

Congratulations on all those miles and thanks for posting the picture - it's a good motivator for me to take the bike more often instead of the car.

Jay

maxfrankel

Congrats! Its always such a conflict: abandoning a faithful and reliable mount for the relentless, incremental improvements that just offer a little more, and a little more, albeit not always in prettier packaging!

Shawnee Bill
You are lucky, my 2000 RTP rolled over dead at 099999. At least I'll always have a low milage bike! dopeslap.gif

What does that mean, "rolled over dead"? At any speed... grin.gif

Shawnee Bill
Good job Bill thumbsup.gif

I still think that is one of the best bikes built by BMW. My Uncle tried to kill his for years and it never died.

Maybe 200,000 is in reach?

I remember he had one, he didn't trade for a FJR? blush.gif

So should I consider a wee-strom?

Bike's fine, the odo stopped at 099999. The speedo still shows mph and the trip meter works well. I just have a perpetually low milage bike. My R65LS went 217000 before I replaced it with the now low milage RTP. tongue.gif

Shawnee Bill
Bike's fine, the odo stopped at 099999. The speedo still shows mph and the trip meter works well. I just have a perpetually low milage bike. My R65LS went 217000 before I replaced it with the now low milage RTP. tongue.gif

Ahh, I understand completely, as I watched my odometer start to roll over I think I held my breath to see if it would or just get stuck trying lmao.gif

Now I don't know that it will keep counting, it has been sitting in the garage for 24 hours now with 1000000 on the counter. Maybe tomorrow I'll get it out and see if it still works. grin.gifgrin.gif

Now I don't know that it will keep counting, it has been sitting in the garage for 24 hours now with 1000000 on the counter. Maybe tomorrow I'll get it out and see if it still works.

It's time to get started on the next 100,000 miles isn't it?? thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Dave

chevyfleetside

I am up to 1850 miles on my GS.. only 98150 to go... clap.giflmao.gif I was up to 42,000 on my R1100S before I sold it.. smirk.gifdopeslap.gif

Parrothead

147K on my trusted old friend, an 85 K100LT. Got smoked by a bronco in Vegas in Dec 96. Bought a 96 RT, now with 65K. Don't ride as much as I would like, but they will run a long long time..............

Archived