IGNORED

RT-P Group at Moscow LEO Funeral

moscowbmw

I'm not sure how many of you noticed my home of Moscow, Idaho made news last week; and not for something good. A guy from town killed his wife, shot up the courthouse, killed a city police officer (also wounded a deputy sheriff), and killed a church care-taker before he shot himself. Stay with me, there is a ride tale here.

Moscow is a small town, especially when the University of Idaho students leave for the summer. I hadn't met Lee Newbill (the officer who was killed), but I'm friends with other folks directly involved. This kind of tragedy impacts everybody in a small community.

Last Friday was the funeral, and there were roughly 400 police vehicles from all over (Canada too) to participate in the procession. I was heading to work that morning when I passed a dozen motorcycle officers (from Ada County Idaho I think) on their brightly polished RT-P's, all in formation and headed to pay their respects.

I hadn't been openly emotional all week, but at that moment I had to stop and get some control. I'm not sure why it had that impact, but it was awesome. I know there are a good number of law enforcement folks on this forum. Thanks again for suiting up every day.

Mike

Thanks for expressing that. We don't want medals or fancy mansions someday. Just once in a while people say thanks and actually mean it.

Solarguy01

We never enjoy seeing you guys in our rear view mirrors, but always enjoy seeing you when we need help. Thanks for serving. Mike wave.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

Thanks again for suiting up every day.
+1 Amen to that, brother.

+1.. My hat is off to all of the men and women who are out there putting their necks on the line to try and make it a better and safer place for all of us..p.s. This goes for all the service men and women too.. thumbsup.gif

Dave

Archived