IGNORED

Close to 60k, making a list, checking it twice

photojournalyst

photojournalyst

I ride a lot (4k this year so far) and I'm getting pretty close to 60k on my 1995 R1100R. I've gone out and purchased the fuel filter, gaskets for fluids, oil filter, brake fluid and draining tube.

I've already done the front brakes, and I've got the pads for rears. I was planning on replacing all the fluids on the bike, along with oil and fuel filter, the usual valve adjustments and a throttlebody sync.

Any other ideas for stuff that I should be swapping/screwing with?

How about the alternator belt?

Shock(s) replacement time?

My RT just turned over 50K last weekend. I'm catching up to you!

photojournalyst

I'm going to say something stupid here... but I have to. Isn't it supposed to be a lifetime belt?

Shocks... there's a good idea. They don't seem spongy to me... but now might just be the time to upgrade.

While you have it apart I would replace the HES wiring with a high-temp upgrade. Doesn't take long and a very good PM measure for an early 1100 that is getting up there in miles.

I'm going to say something stupid here... but I have to. Isn't it supposed to be a lifetime belt?

Shocks... there's a good idea. They don't seem spongy to me... but now might just be the time to upgrade.

Nope, supposed to be swithched every 36K but lots of folks do it sooner (mine went at 20K)......pretty easy to do and a real pain if it goes on the road.......I switched mine out at a rest stop in upstate New York......

Take a close look at your throttle and clutch cables (especially around the barrels where they attach to the levers)

Also check the condition of anything rubber like brake hoses and the intake manifolds.

Archived