IGNORED

Throttle Locks

rsjockey

Hey All,

I am looking to purchase a throttle lock and wondered what experience folks have had with the various brands available. I am looking at Throttlemeister (std. or heavy), Wunderlich and a Bob's Wrist Wrest.

This is for an R1100RS.

Thoughts?

Tom Graybael

'95 R1100 RS

I have been using the heavy model Throttlemeister on an R1150R for several years and am quite happy with it. The only caution is that when you turn on your heated grips, the grip rubbers expand a surprising amount an greatly increase the friction.

SteveSardone

I've used heavy throttlemeister on f650 and my RT and am very pleased. I have not used any other brand.

Steve

I have had a Heavy Throttlemeister for the past 16k miles or so. I don't use it much, but it was an absolute life (or should I say hand) saver when I was out west cruising long distances. I bought the heavy ones because I have always found (with my particular bikes) that a little more weight in the handle bars helps with vibration and balance on turn in. I used to fill the handlebars of my GSXR with sand grin.gif

I also have a throttle rocker on the bike that I leave on about 90% of the time. About the only time I take it off is if I plan to go do some hard techincal riding.

I like having both, and give them a thumbsup.gif

Also consider the Kaoka brand.

I've used it and the Throttlemeister with good luck.

The thing I don't like about Bob's is it rotates away (toward a slower throttle speed) to set, which to me makes it more awkward. The others rotate the same direction as the throttle to set.

creekstone

I'll throw out another option from the same folks that make the Fat Foot:

http://www.schneidersinc.com/flip_a_lever.htm

My current bike came with one when I bought it. I prefer it to the Throttlemeister or Kaoko I tried on my previous bike.

I used Vista Cruise (is that the right name?) on all my Hondas before I bought a BMW. It was priced right and by far the easiest throttle lock I have ever used. Too bad there isn't something similiar for BMWs. I'm looking forward to real cruise control when I update (to a used bike...probably a 12RT) in a few years.

SAAB93driver
The thing I don't like about Bob's is it rotates away (toward a slower throttle speed) to set, which to me makes it more awkward.

Ditto on that - been transferring mine from 3 different BMW's in past 11 years - it works but is a pain to use. The Kaoko looks like it would be better

I had never heard of the Kaoko before. It gets high marks by most and it's cheaper than the Throttlemeister so I'm leaning that way.

The Kaoko looks a lot like the Wunderlich option. Adventure workshop has them back ordered and there is no listed application for my bike (I think it is the same as an 1100RT)

Thanks to all who commented. I'll keep checking back.

I've used a Throttlemeister on my last three bikes and it's served me well. It is, however, a bit of a pain to get it adjusted on a bike with heated grips. I think the best option of all for those bikes for which it's available is the Schneider Flip-a-Lever. There's a version available for 1100 cc. oilheads (like your RS), but apparently none for hexheads.

SAAB93driver
I had never heard of the Kaoko before. It gets high marks by most and it's cheaper than the Throttlemeister so I'm leaning that way.

The Kaoko looks a lot like the Wunderlich option. Adventure workshop has them back ordered and there is no listed application for my bike (I think it is the same as an 1100RT)

Thanks to all who commented. I'll keep checking back.

I don't know which if any Kaoko fits the RS but my Bob's Wrist Wrest was originally installed on my R850R (very similiar to R1100R and I think same bars as R1100RT) then transferred to my R1100RS and now resides on my R1150RS, the later 2 both with heated grips. Something from Kaoko might fit, just not be listed. The RS is kinda like that with after market parts.

I've had a Throttlemeister on my last four bikes...I think I like the simplicity. Had some issues with the unit Bob's sells so have used the Throttlemeister ever since.

Also consider the Kaoka brand.

I've used it and the Throttlemeister with good luck.

Like Ken, I've used both. I prefer the Kaoka - it's easier to operate with heavy gloves.

Archived