IGNORED

Replacing battery in 1150 RT

90RedRider

90RedRider

My battery has died in an 04 RT. Will not take a charge . Has anyone bought one really recently and what is the recommendation and source . Thanks for any help. Batteries for everything in Cali is back ordered till June 27 on the Odessey (sp).

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

I just bought and installed an Odyssey. The crew at Batteries+ price matched an internet ad I had printed out. Happy so far. The Odyssey did require a little manipulation of the cable terminals to fit.

If price is a factor for you, search this site for +panasonic +digikey for a low-cost option that worked for me.

Note that batteries don't all have their terminals in the same location as OEM batteries, so look for posts that mention whether the cables reached, and how to solve the problem if they don't.

Odyssey in my 041150RT. Awesome battery! I've got more CCA and it has NEVER given me a problem even when I leave an accessory on by accident- hardly any drain.

I replaced the BMW gel battery in my 2000 R1100RT last weekend. I went to Beemershop in Scotts Valley, CA (www.beemershop.com) and talked to Ted, a BMW master mechanic.

His recommendation was to go with the same battery for a variety of reasons. First of all, IT FITS RIGHT!! No messing around with posts, cables etc. Also, it's designed to work with the BMW charging system (charges at 14.3 volts DC instead of most other replacement batteries that are designed to charge at 14.7 volts DC.

If you go with the Odyssey, you should hook it up to a 14.7 volt charger once in a while to make sure it stays fully charged.

Also, it's designed to work with the BMW charging system (charges at 14.3 volts DC instead of most other replacement batteries that are designed to charge at 14.7 volts DC.
Oh what a bunch of baloney. Dealers, shish, sometimes they'll say anything to make a sale.

BMW themselves has used a a bunch of different battery types in their bikes and the charging system (and charging voltage) has always stayed the same.

Archived