IGNORED

High Speed Motorcycle Accident. Caution: Very Graphic Photos

skyking44

These are pictures are from a motorcycle accident on Highway 169 in Tulsa.

The guy was going over 125 mph around 2 am when he hit the back of the truck. The truck was going normal speed and did not know what had happened. He was drug approx a mile before the truck stopped. Highway 169 is known for late night speed driving and trick driving of motorcycles.

This guy's friend was killed one week before this on his motorcycle going 120+ on Highway 169.

web page

web page

web page

web page

j4bberw0ck

I thought long and hard before opening this thread and checking the pics because I've been in a RTA involving a fatality. I'm ashamed to say I went ahead and looked anyway. The reasons why don't need to be discussed here.

Having done it, though, I no more believe these photos are genuine than I believe in the tooth fairy, or Father Christmas. It's a sick joke / stunt.

Sorry, skyking44, if you believe it's genuine. I don't. Bodies don't look like that after a high speed collision with something very hard, and I'm damn sure their feet wouldn't look that good after being dragged a mile.

I'm sick that I even looked.

j4bberw0ck

Then skyking44 has my heartfelt apology, though not as heartfelt as my sympathy for the guy involved, and his family. Even if he was riding like an a*hole. I'm still sick I looked.

AdventurePoser

I'll pass on clicking. Seen enough dead guys to last me... blush.gif

Ride safely out there, everyone!

Steve in So Cal

Thanks for the warnings. After reading them I decided to skip the photos. Several years ago I came across a photo of a rider killed in a crash, his face was intact but his skull was crushed. All these years later I can still see that photo in my mind.

It's good to be forewarned and to be cognizant of the dangers inherent in motorcycling, but I don't need to be haunted by the grotesqueries of violent death.

motorman587

The guy was going over 125 mph around 2 am when he hit the back of the truck. The truck was going normal speed and did not know what had happened. He was drug approx a mile before the truck stopped. Highway 169 is known for late night speed driving and trick driving of motorcycles.

This guy's friend was killed one week before this on his motorcycle going 120+ on Highway 169.

web page

web page

web page

web page

Where did you get these photos? In Florida these photo would be classified as evidence and would not be released without a judges order or until the case is closed and still I would not turn these pictures over to anyone. I think we should have more respect for the deceased.

web page

web page

web page

web page

Where did you get these photos? In Florida these photo would be classified as evidence and would not be released without a judges order or until the case is closed and still I would not turn these pictures over to anyone. I think we should have more respect for the deceased.

Well said John.

John, these photos are probably not from a LEO traffic investigator. It just someone who was on the scene who snapped the photos with a camera or cell phone and posted them in photobucket. Could be a tow truck driver, EMS, media source or DOT highway worker. With the road circus going on during the aftermath, it could be anyone.

wrestleantares

Did not click.

I have to wonder as well, what is your motivation for posting these?

When did we, collectively, lose our sense of human dignity that such photos are all over the internet.

I still shudder to think of the old scare the hell out of you driver ed movies I had to watch. Especially the moments the teacher would drop the movie cans on the floor.

Did not click.

I have to wonder as well, what is your motivation for posting these?

When did we, collectively, lose our sense of human dignity that such photos are all over the internet.

I still shudder to think of the old scare the hell out of you driver ed movies I had to watch. Especially the moments the teacher would drop the movie cans on the floor.

The motive for posting these could be well intentioned, especially on a high risk squid-hooligan discussion board. If these photos save a life, its worth it.

It too reminds me of the shock value of high school driver education movies like "Red Asphalt". For public safety workers, scenes like this are routine. As a public service announcement, an occasional graphic reminder will keep us safer. We learn from history as so many who have sacrificed themselves have shown.

wrestleantares

The motive for posting these could be well intentioned, especially on a high risk squid-hooligan discussion board.

But that is not what this board is.

If these photos save a life, its worth it.

It too reminds me of the shock value of high school driver education movies like "Red Asphalt". For public safety workers, scenes like this are routine. As a public service announcement, an occasional graphic reminder will keep us safer. We learn from history as so many who have sacrificed themselves have shown.

I don't believe that. I'm a firm believer that those that do stupid things are not smart enough to learn from others mistakes. Maybe they'll be lucky enough to live and learn from their own.

I hesitated for a while, but eventually took the bait and clicked.

I have to say that from the comments I'd read, I was expecting something much worse than what I actually saw.

In terms of graphic detail, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate this at maybe a 4.

"I don't believe that. I'm a firm believer that those that do stupid things are not smart enough to learn from others mistakes. Maybe they'll be lucky enough to live and learn from their own".

I guess my position comes from 30+ years of public service where "education" in many forms is emphasized to help make the public "safer". As you no doubt know, our government thinks the public is stupid. Your elected public officials create many social programs to prevent the consequences of stupidity.

Darwinism also has a unique method of dealing with stupidity.

motorman587
John, these photos are probably not from a LEO traffic investigator. It just someone who was on the scene who snapped the photos with a camera or cell phone and posted them in photobucket. Could be a tow truck driver, EMS, media source or DOT highway worker. With the road circus going on during the aftermath, it could be anyone.

Then that department's crime scene protection is weak. When we have a fatality, it is roped off with crime scene tape and nobody is allowed to enter. I see that the road is blocked off and to allow a EMT or tow truck driver to take pictures in my scene is not allowed.

High-cervical dislocation. He never felt a thing. That's the only positive I can gather from this entire thread - that he did not suffer.

Purpose of posting the pictures was...?

James Clark

http://www.chpforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2261

A bit amusing - there are a number of folks that saw the title of the post, and entered the discussion, anyway...only to take the (supposedly) moral highground of stating 'they did not click on the pictures'.

Why come into the discussion to state you did not look at the pics? confused.gif

A bit amusing - there are a number of folks that saw the title of the post, and entered the discussion, anyway...only to take the (supposedly) moral highground of stating 'they did not click on the pictures'.

Why come into the discussion to state you did not look at the pics? confused.gif

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Just for the record I want everyone to know that I did look at the pictures but I don't beat my wife nor do I kick my dog... wave.gif

Darwinism also has a unique method of dealing with stupidity.

+1 for Darwin. The government, try as it may, cannot protect everyone from themselves, all the time.

thumbsup.gif

The photos are hardly graphic. On a scale of 0-10, I'd say it's probably a 3 or 4. If you want to see what a 10 looks like, try rotten dot com and do Ctrl-F for motorcycle. Now that's a 10 out of 10.

I think posting such images is a good wakeup call against triple-digit speeding.

My condolences to the family of the deceased.

The photos are hardly graphic. On a scale of 0-10, I'd say it's probably a 3 or 4. If you want to see what a 10 looks like, try rotten dot com and do Ctrl-F for motorcycle. Now that's a 10 out of 10.

I think posting such images is a good wakeup call against triple-digit speeding.

Thats funny as I had thought about the same thing. These pictures are not graphic at all, but it was good of the original poster to warn people. Agreed - if you want graphic, check out rotten.com.

On the subject of death - I found this site quite interesting....findadeath.com Not graphic, but very informative in a weird kinda way.

What's your purpose in posting these? What are you hoping to accomplish?

I didn't click...

Read the posts...

then clicked...

I felt they were not graphic at all compared to other things I have seen. I will NEVER click to watch a decapitation movie.

As far as purpose, I think this was a interesting look at what speed can do. Sort of like when straw hits a tree in a tornado.

I'm okay with this post as there is another sideline story concerning the leak from the CHP.

Southwest_Adventure

That's right-- you were warned about the photos-- which are instructive and hardly graphic (you never know who might benefit by looking at this threatd). The biker's head is completely covered and it shows him hanging from the back of the 18 wheeler with his helmet slightly submerged in the truck. People need to see more of these kind of reality shots instead of being "entertained" by all the slasher crap that comes out of Hollywood.

Like it or not our sport does come with extra danger. Its up to the rider on how dangerous it becomes. I didn't think those were very graphic pic's. Its not a bad thing to see what bad judgement can do (reality check?) Un fortuantly motorcycle deaths are rising in our sport. I noticed the ridding teacher didn't see any value of the pic's, pro's and con's to every thing, the need for speed is addictive, some times with devestating results.

the photos-- which are instructive

I'm still trying to figure out just who we think needs to be "instructed" not to run into trucks?

steve.foote

I'm still trying to figure out just who we think needs to be "instructed" not to run into trucks?

It looks like some people believe that seeing dead bodies will keep them safe. I wonder if they spend as much time improving their riding skills as they do gawking at other peoples misfortunes?

I'm just saying.

It looks like some people believe that seeing dead bodies will keep them safe. I wonder if they spend as much time improving their riding skills as they do gawking at other peoples misfortunes?

I'm just saying.

+1

I live just outside of Tulsa and these deaths have become all too common. Hwy 169 is used by the sport bikers to perform stunts and high speed riding. I have had riders pull wheelies right in front of me and ride them for a mile in heavy traffic. I just get the he^^ out of the way.

I have also spoken with a few of the motorcycle cops who own sport bikes. There are some of these officers that do not help the situation. They also pull some of these stunts and several told me they have a buddy in a state patrol car clock them on the Turnpike to see how fast they can go.

I am far from a "prude" on my bike. I will ride fast and like to go fast, but not in traffic. There are many areas close by that allow you to ride fast without increasing the risks of the speed alone. I am also sure that my version of fast on my 1100RT is not the same as someone on a bike built for speed vs fun riding and touring.

I feel bad for the families of these riders as they deal with these needless deaths.

motorman587
I live just outside of Tulsa and these deaths have become all too common. Hwy 169 is used by the sport bikers to perform stunts and high speed riding. I have had riders pull wheelies right in front of me and ride them for a mile in heavy traffic. I just get the he^^ out of the way.

I have also spoken with a few of the motorcycle cops who own sport bikes. There are some of these officers that do not help the situation. They also pull some of these stunts and several told me they have a buddy in a state patrol car clock them on the Turnpike to see how fast they can go.

I am far from a "prude" on my bike. I will ride fast and like to go fast, but not in traffic. There are many areas close by that allow you to ride fast without increasing the risks of the speed alone. I am also sure that my version of fast on my 1100RT is not the same as someone on a bike built for speed vs fun riding and touring.

I feel bad for the families of these riders as they deal with these needless deaths.

Those LEO's that give us others a bad name. That conduct, not the ones hauling a$$, which is stupid anyway, but the idiot that is clocking them. I would love to make a phone call to their supervisor. Couple of months ago there was a rumor that some off duty cops were going to the academy doing stunts. Last I heard there was an under cover operation. My point is that, that behavior is not tolerated at most professional departments.

Hmmm... where is that other thread about no speed limits needed on highways again? dopeslap.gif

I rest my case. Yes, it is not speed that kills, it's the sudden stop at the end. crazy.gif

steve.foote
Hmmm... where is that other thread about no speed limits needed on highways again? dopeslap.gif

I rest my case. Yes, it is not speed that kills, it's the sudden stop at the end. crazy.gif

Ok, this is just driving me nuts. It's a regular anecdotal onslaught here. One guy dies and we are to automatically assume that everyone who speeds will die. Like every other thing, there are statistics involved here. Sure it's a tragedy when it happens, but people also die going the speed limit.

Ok, this is just driving me nuts. It's a regular anecdotal onslaught here. One guy dies and we are to automatically assume that everyone who speeds will die. Like every other thing, there are statistics involved here. Sure it's a tragedy when it happens, but people also die going the speed limit.

Not only that, but I'm sure there was a speed limit in place here.

So why does it make sense to apply more of something (as in speed limits) that obviously does not work?

I have to wonder as well, what is your motivation for posting these? . . . I still shudder to think of the old scare the hell out of you driver ed movies I had to watch.
Mishap photos are excellent educational tools, whether you're teaching pilots, motorcyclists, mountaineers or anyone who fancies themselves as playing on the edge what happens when you fall off. Even better is to have dealt yourself with a rescue or extraction of someone who's augered in from a great height, bounced down a rock wall or been in a multiple rollover down an embankment and into a river. . . . or just working in an emergency room for a a night or two. The LEO emphasis on safety, as heavy handed as it may often seem, comes in large part from seeing the result of unsafety every day. Actually, from the deterrence angle, the pix were a bit of a disappointment. Looked like more of a gallows humor version of the fake arm sticking out of through the bottom of a closed car trunk (boot to your brits). But if, for example, someone were really serious about pushing, for example, ATGATT, they'd have some before and after road rash pix of the pillion hotties you can see rocketing down the freeway in thongs and, well, . . . thongs.
As you no doubt know, our government thinks the public is stupid.

I suppose to a degree you are right, but comparatively I'd say we live fairly unfettered lives here in the US when it comes to using public roads. Someone here said it well, though I can't remember who. It was in regards to a discussion (one the dozens) about licensing procedures in the US compared to Europe. They distilled the whole issue down to the following statement:

In Europe, the government assumes you CAN'T until you can prove that you CAN. In the US, the government assumes you CAN until you prove you CAN'T.

While there are plenty of folks in government who think they can live our lives smarter than we can, in the larger scheme of things, our government trusts us to a far greater degree than anywhere else in the world.

As a result, people wind up being dragged down a mile of interstate by their head.

Long live Darwin. grin.gif

Agent_Orange

"In the US, the government assumes you CAN until you prove you CAN'T."

And even if you can't, nothing is done. No license, no insurance, no registration, history of DUI, multiple infractions, etc, etc, no problem. thumbsup.gif

Kiss, kiss, go and sin no more. Yea right. eek.gif

Wouldn't want to hold you responsible for anything. tongue.gif

My point was just that in this particular case, most likely this collision/fatality would never have occurred if the motorcyclist had been traveling at the posted speed limit. And, yes, this is a recurring theme in many motorcycle fatality collisions. frown.gif

steve.foote
And, yes, this is a recurring theme in many motorcycle fatality collisions. frown.gif

So are cars turning left and deer running out of the woods.

And, yes, this is a recurring theme in many motorcycle fatality collisions. frown.gif

So are cars turning left and deer running out of the woods.

I cite for the failure to yield on left turns every chance I get, however, I haven't figured out how to get the deer to only cross in the marked crosswalks yet... tongue.gif

Archived