IGNORED

Site addiction

gasser

Uh, am I the only one obsessed with this site? I keep trying to convince myself that this is one of my more positive addictions. How many times a day do you visit this site? lurker.gif

I was told just this morning that we are going to have 2 days a week where we "stand down" from the computer and I was to pick the days...So you get the idea how much time I spend on the site....

I feel the withdrawal symptoms starting... tongue.gif

Phil.........Redbrick

FlyingFinn
How many times a day do you visit this site? lurker.gif

Ummm, I tend to rather "visit the real world" between staying on the site.

--

Mikko

Ummm, I tend to rather "visit the real world" between staying on the site.
What is this "real world" ye speak of?
Lets_Play_Two
I'm not a addict........addicts go to meetings lmao.gif

Correction---recovering addicts go to meetings!! grin.gif

I'm not a addict........addicts go to meetings lmao.gif

Unless events count as meetings....then I'm guilty grin.gif

we have "un" meetings! lmao.gif

Matts_12GS

Ahem, that's really the whole premise behind our trip. We're UNvisiting the Carolina UNchapter.

"My name is Matt, and the only way I can not look at BMWST is to ride my motorcycle...."

lmao.gif

Every night! It's actually one of the more positive things I look forward to doing besides riding. There's so many good people on here that it's down right good for my soul to chat with you guys.

Uh, am I the only one obsessed with this site? I keep trying to convince myself that this is one of my more positive addictions. How many times a day do you visit this site? lurker.gif

I spend more time here than I do with my wife.

RichEdwards

Addicted? How else would I know that this site goes off-line for a few moments each morning at about 5 a.m. tongue.gif

Anyhow, you're not a hardcore addict until you hit 2000 posts. wave.gif

Ahem, that's really the whole premise behind our trip. We're UNvisiting the Carolina UNchapter.

"My name is Matt, and the only way I can not look at BMWST is to ride my motorcycle...."

lmao.gif

crap...that means you're not bringing your laptop so i can check my emails bncry.gif

Yup, wife says, "How come your always on that site?" to which I answer, "Hun, if I could figure out a way to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand anyway!"

By the way she won't ride and I use that line when I go riding too.

She's perplexed, "Hun if you go for a ride with me perhaps you'll understand. Don't you know that just about every woman who has their own bike never wanted to get on one in the first place?" I think that's what she's afraid of. eek.gif

ISYHTRAH

I think I'm going to try using my cell phone as an access point linked via bluetooth to my Nav III running pirated software that allows me to use voice commands for web surfing, thus allowing a text-to-speech conversion of BMWST which I will hear in my helmet in my Cardo bluetooth headset. All this while slaying the Dragon! Addiction?...........not me!

My kids call this "myspace for old people"; ask ask them "who you callin' old Willis?" grin.gif

Tell your kid that a 32 year old has the same bike as his father. That should make him understand that his old man is cool.

Every time I 'rub' Donna about watching soap operas she brings up bmwsporttouring.com.

I don't get it, do you?

Uumm..I think you need to get some help! Right after you wire your phone to the voice activated garage door opener. Oh, and don't forget the web cam with HUD helmet mounted projection system so you can see what the dog is doing when your not home.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Cheers!

Don't be siily. I have a Sony dog that I program via voice command to open/close my garage door using my X10 home remote control system, with e-mail confirmations sent to my Blackberry, all monitored in my helmet. I still like the peepholes in hotel doors though, you know.... good old analog/real time surveilance. Can't get my dog to charge properly with my R12RT accessory socket. Should I check it out with my GS-911 tool or take it to the dealer?!?!

I do not know about you forum-heads but I am not addicted. I can quit anytime I want to. I just don't want to right now. I'm not addicted, Can quit anytime.....

Husker Red
My kids call this "myspace for old people"; ask ask them "who you callin' old Willis?" grin.gif

Tell your kid that a 32 year old has the same bike as his father. That should make him understand that his old man is cool.

Yeah, Right... 32 is already too old to be cool to a kid. My younger brother was making fun of some "dorks" he saw at a concert and he said, "No offense, but those guys had to be at least 35 years old..." dopeslap.gif Clearly we are beyond hope.

Sorry about the hijack - Yes. I am addicted. If there's a cure I don't want it. cool.gif

Hey... I managed to stay away for 5 years after I sold my '01 R11RTS.

...but I had to come right back after I bought the '04 1150 cool.gif

Yeah, Right... 32 is already too old to be cool to a kid. My younger brother was making fun of some "dorks" he saw at a concert and he said, "No offense, but those guys had to be at least 35 years old..." dopeslap.gif Clearly we are beyond hope.

Now I am all screwed up...should I be wearing black socks with my sandals?

And then they asked you who this "Willis" person is that you are speaking of...

tongue.gif

grin.gif

Slyder_Steve

tongue.gif

grin.gif

Precisely! But at least I can point at the short dude trying to sell $10,000 signature loans on TV grin.gif

tongue.gif

grin.gif

Precisely! But at least I can point at the short dude trying to sell $10,000 signature loans on TV grin.gif

Like you never called his phone sex line smirk.gif

I've had no problem not looking at this forum. I've done it thousands of times. grin.gif

Ummm, wait a minute, I was thinking about the number of posts I've made. blush.gif

My name is Bud and I'm addicted to BMWST. lmao.gif

The internet is a virtual reality. How can you be addicted to something that isn't real? dopeslap.gif Am I really visiting this place or is it just my imagination? Am I really in denial? bncry.gif Why are these voices in my head? confused.gif Did I take out the trash tonight? confused.gif Why are all of you looking at me? eek.gifeek.gif

I'm virtually addicted. Really. How come the voices in my head stop when I take off my helmet? My dog can virtually bark. He took out my trash too. See also the RUSH song "Virtuality".

AdventurePoser

In a sense, the site is always on, as it is my homepage. thumbsup.gif

Obsessed? Nope.

Steve in So Cal

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

I had no idea that it was even possible to leave this site! dopeslap.gif How do you do that?! lurker.giflmao.gif

SAAB93driver

addiction......part of my rehab involved learning how to use the "ignore list" - once I started doing that things got better.

I take a look almost every day but post a lot less often than I used to. I guess I'm at about one post per week. Work and family commitments keep eating up my time.

I'm not obsessed with this site it's those "other people" that are on with me at 4:15 am that are obsessed smirk.gif

I don't have a drinking problem either, I drink just fine grin.gif

I take a look almost every day but post a lot less often than I used to. I guess I'm at about one post per week. Work and family commitments keep eating up my time.

Glad to hear your still checking in Keith, thought you were MIA. wave.gif

Pat

Archived