IGNORED

Lowering an RT

truckdogg4

truckdogg4

I have a 02 RT. I have a low seat on it but it is still a little to high. Being 5'6" with a 26" inseam I am on my tip toes. Any other suggestions on how to get my RT lower? cool.gif

You can fit shorter shocks to lower the bike. Works Performance list a rear shock that will lower the RT by 1 inch.

Andy

wbrissette

If you do lower the RT, just be aware that you'll probably have to remove the center stand. We just bought a 2004 R1150R for my wife that the previous owner had lowered for her. They (the local BMW who did the job and sold us the bike) had to remove the center stand because it would get in the way during cornering.

Wayne

I have a 02 RT. I have a low seat on it but it is still a little to high. Being 5'6" with a 26" inseam I am on my tip toes. Any other suggestions on how to get my RT lower? cool.gif

i just gained some weight....flat foot now! lmao.giflurker.gif

phoenixtexas

I'm 5'7" and had the same problem on my 03 S. I got a pair of Walmart hiking boots with a 1" heel for $25, and a pair of elevator shoe inserts, about 1.25" for $6 or $7. Guaranteed to solve your problem, and much cheaper than altering the bike. Make sure you get a size larger than you normally wear, or take the inserts with you to Walmart (or wherever) to make sure they fit right.

I took out the adjustable seat height mechanism and made my oun out of L shaped alluminun . It lowered it about 1/2 inch or so and I love it.

Do you have any pictures of the aluminum brackets? I was thinking about doing something along the same lines...

Thanks!

Archived