IGNORED

Yellow CCP ?

kiwiaudio

I've read a lot about the CCP on this site, but have yet to see any mention of a yellow one?

I'm trying to understand all that the previous owner has done to this bike, and why he did it.

I've read a post from Twisty that stated that the standard (pink?) ccp must be installed prior to adjusting the techlusion unit, (to reset the motronic to standard? )

Quote: "FIRST, if you have the CCP removed (or a different CCP than stock installed you MUST install the stock CCP then re-set the computer.. That unit will not work correctly (at least not without a lot of tweaking) if the base fuleing & spark map is not intact & operational.. "

but I don't have a pink one to do this with. I think I also read that pulling the plug entirely is the richest motronic setting? Perhaps that is the preferrable setting I should start tuning the Techlusion from?

From what I can tell so far, the following has been done to this '98 1100RT

-Techlusion unit installed. Cannot tell what model, but I believe it is an older unit - it has the red and blue wires inline to the left injector, and a black wire (ground?)

-Yellow CCP

-O2 sensor unplugged

-Factory cat. exhaust

-GS tubes

-Charcoal canister left installed

I've done a synch at both idle @ 4K rpm and that improves everything, but she still backfires and idles weird.

I'll be bringing her up from a trans. rebuild shortly and want to start dialing her in. I was going to start with cleaning the air screws & seats, GM top end clean procedure, then a zero-zero, then re synch the throttle bodies, then techlusion dialing (in that order)

Any suggestions ?

If I do indeed need this pink CCP, does anyone that is no longer using theirs feel like donating?

I've read a lot about the CCP on this site, but have yet to see any mention of a yellow one?

I'm trying to understand all that the previous owner has done to this bike, and why he did it.

I've read a post from Twisty that stated that the standard (pink?) ccp must be installed prior to adjusting the techlusion unit, (to reset the motronic to standard? )

Quote: "FIRST, if you have the CCP removed (or a different CCP than stock installed you MUST install the stock CCP then re-set the computer.. That unit will not work correctly (at least not without a lot of tweaking) if the base fuleing & spark map is not intact & operational.. "

but I don't have a pink one to do this with. I think I also read that pulling the plug entirely is the richest motronic setting? Perhaps that is the preferrable setting I should start tuning the Techlusion from?

From what I can tell so far, the following has been done to this '98 1100RT

-Techlusion unit installed. Cannot tell what model, but I believe it is an older unit - it has the red and blue wires inline to the left injector, and a black wire (ground?)

-Yellow CCP

-O2 sensor unplugged

-Factory cat. exhaust

-GS tubes

-Charcoal canister left installed

I've done a synch at both idle @ 4K rpm and that improves everything, but she still backfires and idles weird.

I'll be bringing her up from a trans. rebuild shortly and want to start dialing her in. I was going to start with cleaning the air screws & seats, GM top end clean procedure, then a zero-zero, then re synch the throttle bodies, then techlusion dialing (in that order)

Any suggestions ?

If I do indeed need this pink CCP, does anyone that is no longer using theirs feel like donating?

Mark, you really don’t need that pink CCP (that’s assuming YOUR bike even came with the pink CCP) as you can just use jumper wires & make one.. (all that CCP is, is a gutted relay with wires between certain the exit terminals).. I don’t have the terminal pin out handy but do have it somewhere at home.. If you don’t get it from another post here I will get it for you tonight..

I’m not so sure in your case it really matters as it sounds like you have the early (non 02 control) model Techlusion.. That early unit won’t work worth a hoot with the 02 operational as the 02 in conjunction with the fueling computer will just pull back out any fuel you add in the surging operating range..

If you can get Techlusion to upgrade your present unit to the later 02 control 259 unit then you will need to get the bike back to the stock CCP & operational 02 system..

If you can’t get a decent deal from Techlusion (Dobeck Performance) then you can work with your early unit.. I don’t think you will get it to work to your satisfaction with the 02 sensor operational.. You can then try with no CCP, your yellow CCP, & a jumper to emulate the pink CCP.. Even with the CCP in place I’m not sure it will default to CCP mapping with the 02 disconnected though (might just drop back to the base speed/density fueling map with no 02 connected)..

If you want to get real fancy you can take an old Bosch relay & remove the internals, then install a couple of DPDT micro switches & wiring,, that way you can have ALL the CCP’s available in one CCP box & get any you want with just the flip of the switch(s).. That is the way I tested all the CCP’s out there in one riding trip (same weather, same load, same day, same fuel, same person)..

Twisty

DavidEBSmith

The yellow CCP (golden brown in the BMW parts list) is the standard R1100RS/RT plug. It has a jumper between terminals 30 and 87.

The pink CCP is the standard R1100GS plug. It has a jumper between terminals 30 and 87 and 87a.

The jumper connections for the CCPs are listed in the IBMWR tech pages and also in the BMW parts fiche at www.maxbmwmotorcycles (look under Vehicle Electrical System, Various Relays).

For the terminal designations, they should be labeled on the CCP, or you can look on a standard Bosch relay, or look at the pictures at this page. . All the CCP does is connect some of the plug terminals to each other.

Do you need the pink CCP? Not necessarily. With the GS tubes, you may find that you get better midrange torque and a bit more gas mileage with the pink CCP and better peak power with the yellow CCP. The GS tubes + GS CCP are a better match than GS tubes + RT CCP, which kinda cancel each other out, but swapping them won't make a gross difference in the driveability of the bike.

If I were you, I would disable the Techlusion, plug in the O2 sensor, clean the air screws, and do the best basic throttle body sync (air screws and cables) you can do to get a stable baseline to start from. Then you can start to change things. You only need to do 0=0 if you have a surging issue after you've done a normal TB sync. You only need to add a Techlusion if you still have issues after that.

If you don't start with a stable baseline, you'll be flailing around and will be back here in a couple of weeks with a messed up bike looking for more help. You have to start with something that's running more or less correct so you can get back to that state as you tweak things. Otherwise you have too many variables.

If you're out on a camping trip, you mark the position of your base camp, you note the direction and distance that you travel from the camp, and you can find your way back. You don't put on a blindfold, have yourself dropped in the middle of the woods from a helicopter, and start randomly walking around hoping you'll stumble across your home. Statistically you might do it, but it's a very bad plan.

Sounds like you've got the 1031 Techlusion. The CCP should remain stock. Make sure the O2 sensor is unplugged. The connection is under the tank on the right side. Look for a cannon connector.

Archived