IGNORED

tire question

texasaggie97

texasaggie97

I have ran Metzeler Tourance Dual Purpose Tires only and I was wondering if there are any other tires roll as well or better. In my experience the offroading traction is not that great so is there a better tire. I do not go off road very often so just wanted some feed back on what you all think. I have a 2003 1150 GS and just thought about trying some new treads. Give me some ideas or just tell me to stick with what works.

Please let me know some good sites to buy from also. Or is there a good place here in Santa Monica that I can buy tires spin balanced and installed for a good price.

Aggie:

I have worn out two sets of Tourances on my Tiger and I love them. Great tires. Lots of guys like the Michelin Anakee (sp?) too. I do get off road and they work great.

Bob

The TKC80s have much better tread for the dirt and are pretty good on the road as well. If you plan quite a bit of dirt riding, I"d recommend them.

I have the Continental TKC's on my '04 Adventure and they work great...Probably the best off-road tire for the GS and they get really good traction on the highway too - Even in the rain...I was pretty skeptical about that at first! I usually get about 6,000 miles out of a rear and about 10,000 from the fronts, so the mileage isn't too bad...Hope this helps

texasaggie97

Michelin Anakee where is a good spot to purchase these tires? I think it might be good to Change just to see the difference these tires can make.

Thanks for the posts.

Archived