Torrey of a different kind.

Whip

On the way home I had some time to think about the events leading up to Torrey and how I felt when I was there. I decided that I would do a Ride Tale that did not make fun of people or make up any stories to go with the pix. So Richard relax. Jacqueline your safe too...kinda.

I would like to start out by saying Nando, you did a great job honoring your friend and I'm glad you let us be part of it.

Leslie, I hope you feel better and even not feeling well your hugs are still one of the highlights of any BMWST event.

Dick, I know you were there in spirit and I hope to see the rest of ya real soon.

Thanks to everyone for helping out Scott(Kaneman's riding partner). Especially Vlad for taking him back to Vegas to get his bike patched up. Also Nando for calling and making sure they would be waiting on him. Jamie it was nice of you to take the time to help out a traveler in need. And to all the others that were ready to do whatever they could.

I really enjoyed making some new friends in Torrey. You east coast Hoons are all right. You can sure ride fast too.

RoadScholar, StretchMark, HoonTang and Calvin.....I'll be headin your way soon.

Mike, glad you got your bike fixed in time to make it to Torrey...it was a pleasure riding with ya.

The rest of the gang....I'm givin y'all a break this time.....just the pix.....no stories true or otherwise......

JUST THIS ONCE

A little reminder to start with.

We started in Texas in a field of Wild Flowers.

153101976-L.jpg

Then met Kaneman and Scott in Colorado.

153102130-L.jpg

Then rode late into the night getting to Telluride.

153102219-L.jpg

Did a little hiking....

156950970-L.jpg

A little riding.

153102677-L.jpg

153102442-L.jpg

I think Telluride may be my favorite Colorado town.

153102633-L.jpg

153102397-L.jpg

Leaving Telluride just ahead of that storm.

156950944-L.jpg

156950977-L.jpg

156950990-L.jpg

Million Dollar Highway.....I have to get the rest of the pix from Louise's camera.

156950995-L.jpg

Josh didn't know what Four Corners was....but he was glad we stopped once he got there.

156723379-L.jpg

Good time to leave....that storm is following us.

156723392-L.jpg

We got to Torrey just in time for a late dinner at the Rim Rock, it was nice of everyone to wait on us.

In the mornin I was invited to Killer's garage. Calvin did a great job.

156723407-L.jpg

Thursday we went for a little dirt ride. The part of the Burr Trail I had never seen before.

Louise started on the back of the bike and soon decided the truck would be much safer. Thanks Calvin for comin along to pick up the people/pieces.

I had never ridden in deep sand before and the idea of waiting for the front wheel to sink and then "pinning it" took a little getting use to. But in the end I wanted to go and do it again.

156723397-L.jpg

This one is the toughest pic not to say anything about...........(my tongue is bleeding)

156723416-L.jpg

These guys were waiting on us when we gassed up.

156723430-L.jpg

The ride begins.

156723437-L.jpg

156723444-L.jpg

156723457-L.jpg

156723463-L.jpg

Thursday evening we had dinner at the Diablo.

Friday we played a little.

156723473-L.jpg

156723484-L.jpg

Not my tongue again....it really hurts the second time.

156723507-L.jpg

One of the many highlights of Friday night was seeing Jacqueline and Kaneman meet for the first time. Shame on you if your not following their adventures.

156723526-L.jpg

One of the people I miss the most.....Y'all realize we don't have another event scheduled until September 4th.

156723564-L.jpg

I'll be right back....I need to gargle with some salt to stop the bleeding.

156723588-L.jpg

More salt....RoadScholar with Jacqueline.

156723541-L.jpg

I don't know how much more of this I can take.

156723553-L.jpg

Breath deep.......inhale.......exhale.......I better take a break...I'll be right back.

156723577-L.jpg

156729907-L.jpg

156729919-L.jpg

156729930-L.jpg

This is a lot harder than I thought.

I not waiting on Richard...I am not waiting on Richard....he was ready before me and came to get me....really thumbsup.gif

156729900-L.jpg

Seeing the fight Maynard put up while they were tryin to put him into the truck was very inspiring. It was obvious to me he was not a bike to be "trailered" with.

156950806-L.jpg

RoadScholar.....looking scholarly.

156950820-L.jpg

I think he likes Torrey.

156950852-L.jpg

Some of you may have noticed the Chuckwagon was training a new staff member while we were there.....

This hansom fella needs a raise.

156950837-L.jpg

156950832-L.jpg

Mr. Randy Austin.......

156950841-L.jpg

156950846-L.jpg

Before leaving Torrey we asked Killer to take us by the eagles nest.

We were very fortunate to find the "Chicks" have not flown the coup yet....

156950867-L.jpg

...but it wasn't for lack of trying.

156950859-L.jpg

156950861-L.jpg

156950865-L.jpg

My strongest and most lasting memory of Torrey will be the time I spent with Doc47. I have been looking forward to meeting him for many months. For those that may have forgotten he spent more than a year in Gambia West Africa volunteering to help the sick and injured. I wish we had more time.

Doc and I spent some time solving some of the worlds problems on Killer's Hammock.

156950812-L.jpg

156950817-L.jpg

156950828-L.jpg

My favorite picture of Torrey XIII.

156950823-L.jpg

Much more to come, but the salt has upset my stomach and I need to rest.....this facts and only the facts stuff is tough.

Firefight911

Do not swallow the blood!!!!! It makes you vomit. lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Nice job Whip!!

Really need to try and get together before Sept. 4, don't ya think?

Remember, no making fun!!!! tongue.giftongue.gif

BeniciaRT_GT
I decided that I would do a Ride Tale that did not make fun of people or make up any stories to go with the pix.

Why is my chest so tight?

Can't...

Breathe....

CLEAR

ahhh, that is better.

how can the "King of Propoganda" put out a factual report?

Did the Spurs loose? did you run out of time?

Did you cook your brain in the heat?

I sure hope you get to feeling better!

Great pics by the way...

StretchMark

Nice job Whip..and what restraint grin.gif

Please do let us know when you are in the area! We'd be glad to show you around cool.gif

Whip,

I am having a difficult time believing Torrey XIII is over. It seems to have been here and gone in a flash. There are so many people that I wanted to spend time with and ride with. There are so many places I wanted to ride to, ride through, hike in and explore. The hardest part for me is the miles that separate me from so many good friends and the selfish desire to have all of you right in my own back yard. Sigh...until the next Torrey amigos!

Cheers! wave.gif

bEE-yOU-tIFF-fULL pix, wHIPdON-- and that biting-your-tongue blood is getting that new 'stitch all red..!

Better stop that - lmao.gif

I wish that weekend was a full week - so many folks to say hey to and really so little time.

My fav was riding with you and Tommy and Mike and Louise up to FishLake...awesome area - I've never been there, but was sure glad I went -- thanks for askin' me to tag with y'all.

Keepin' my(your) bike shiny - right?? -- that black and orange paint scheme is the nuts, man.

Be Well my brother - hugs to that wife of yours ... the light is on here at the CasaDelHanna - so get your jeans up here when you take off up north next time.

Moose sez she's tired of seeing only pix and nothing else - she's not sure you exist.. :^)

Best & Blessings to you two -

roadscholar

Whip, that was good. As a master storyteller you have shown great restraint.

I had a wonderful time there. Meeting new friends, the roads, incredible scenery, seeing Jacqueline mid-adventure, and the much anticipated hug from Leslie was all more than you could ask for.

It was great riding with you and all the others too.

I won't forget it soon.

The photos of you and well you know what have been burned since you managed to show restraint. I did keep a stray negative in case you loose your sense of restraint in the near future.

Love ya man!

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

The photos of you and well you know what have been burned since you managed to show restraint. I did keep a stray negative in case you loose your sense of restraint in the near future.

Love ya man!

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

I got a feelin your gonna need those negatives........this restraint stuff was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Whip

Love ya man!

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

I got a feelin your gonna need those negatives........this restraint stuff was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Whip

Just order a pair amigo. You know that you too want to learn of the magic of the Yellow Moto Pants.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Bill_Walker
I decided that I would do a Ride Tale that did not make fun of people or make up any stories to go with the pix.

Louise! Louise! Quick, get Larry to a hospital! He's not at all well.

OK, nice pix, and I appreciate the reason for your attempted solemnity.

But you'd still better get that tongue looked at.

Wow man, what a great time we had. Torrey has been a highlight of my trip that I will never forget, and my favorite town as well.

I second what Todd said, so many people to meet, so many places to explore and so little time before we all had to get back to real life.

Well...most of us anyway. Right Bob?? =) thumbsup.gif

Archived