IGNORED

R 1200 RT without the side cases? Anybody have a picture?

HouTexDavid

HouTexDavid

I'm curious what the R1200RT looks like without the side cases - anyone have a picture of such? I've searched the Web for such a picture with no luck.

thanks... David

Somebody is not going to like me for this but after looking at the sideview of the new RT without the panniers I suddenly realized that it reminds me of a duck sitting down. I know, I know to each his own, and I know it's a great machine but I had to say it. Now watch, I'll probably buy one next year.

Somebody is not going to like me for this but after looking at the sideview of the new RT without the panniers I suddenly realized that it reminds me of a duck sitting down. I know, I know to each his own, and I know it's a great machine but I had to say it. Now watch, I'll probably buy one next year.

Must be in the eye of the beholder. I think it looks great from the side. grin.gif

Somebody is not going to like me for this but after looking at the sideview of the new RT without the panniers I suddenly realized that it reminds me of a duck sitting down...

Quack, quack! I can see it. Nice call man!

Your gonn be a , I mean sitting on a duck!

Well, at first this is the only way I would drive the thing around town, but I've grown used to carrying extra junk in the side bags, so they're on more often than not. With that lead-in, here's the bike without the bags.

AD

R1200RT.jpg

beautiful bike from any angle;cases or no cases. especially in red. anyone who sees ducks should have their head examined by a quack. frank

HouTexDavid

Folks,

Thanks for the great pics. This is exactly what I wanted to see about the RT. Beautiful bikes, by the way!!

David

What kind of ducks do you all have in Fla??? We must not have the breed in Alaska that you're referring too... wink.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Here's a pick of my dearly departed Piedmont Red '05 RT bncry.gif

866779-108_0839.JPG

I bet that would look kick a$$ with a fender eliminator kit! *he ducks* grin.gif

Shawn

I have the same Piedmont Red 05 RT (Ruby). I love riding it without the bags and do so most of the time unless I am on a trip. I like the sporty look. Sorry no pic but you already have 2 pics posted. I just changed from Red lids to black lids and I love the look of that as well. Now I don't have to worry as much about scuff marks or scratches showing up and the black lids look great IMHO.

GoGo Gadget
This is the best I have right now....

day1-1.JPG

No offense, but I think you took the whole "engine guard" concept a bit too far. wink.gif

Non-riding friends seeing my RT minus the bags have said: "Why did you decide to ride a crotch rocket this time instead of a touring bike." It's probably the sharp angles of the hexhead fairing are similar to the Japanese supersports.

Must be a Vermont thing. I think they are a beautiful bike also. Did take seeing it in person though. Pictures just dosen't do it justice. thumbsup.gif

Vernon_Leo

I find running with the tank bag and rear case are the way to go during the week, keeps things nice and narrow.

That is one of the nice things about the RT, they look great in any configuration thumbsup.gif

Husker Red
day1-1.JPG

This poor bike is in Time-Out. bncry.gif

I'm not making fun of trailering, but that just looks funny for some reason. Maybe the gates around it.? Like a rodeo bull in the chute, ready to roll.

Francois_Dumas
Here is one from Monday, in the Romanian mountains (:

Ceva nu merge bine. Nu vâd nimic ! cool.gif

nazdravanul
Here is one from Monday, in the Romanian mountains (:

Ceva nu merge bine. Nu vâd nimic ! cool.gif

Ai incercat sa dai download la attachment (: (: ?

fourteenfour

I am getting a trunk and thought about just riding with it instead of the saddlebags.

Does it kick back a lot of wind into the rider? How about effects of handling with that weight up high?

Archived