IGNORED

1200 ST Dual Accessory Plug?

Marilyn

Has anyone added a second accessory plug to their 1200ST? If you have added one or two could you tell me where you installed it and take pictures if possible.

Also, who sells them? Did you leave the original plug connected to the Canbus and wire the second plug directly to the battery? I understand that heated clothing (mine's Gerbing) will shut off if plugged into the canbus plug.

Thanks.

Firefight911

I added one to mine.

The attached link will walk you through what I did.

I did leave mine connected to the CANBus by way of a BMW piggyback set-up. As you will see in the link, I used permanent controllers for heated gear, etc.

My Widder vest worked fine through the stock accessory plug but my Gerbing jacket shut it down.

Here you go: LINKY

I have four now. Two on CANbus and two direct to the battery. Three of them are clustered around the preload knob and one is in the flat tupperware panel under the clutch lever that I use for the GPS.

I have four now. Two on CANbus and two direct to the battery.
Bob, what do you use the CANbus sockets for, and also the direct battery sockets? I'm trying to decide which way to do my electric stuff. Thanks!
1hawkrider
Has anyone added a second accessory plug to their 1200ST? If you have added one or two could you tell me where you installed it and take pictures if possible.

Also, who sells them? Did you leave the original plug connected to the Canbus and wire the second plug directly to the battery? I understand that heated clothing (mine's Gerbing) will shut off if plugged into the canbus plug.

Thanks.

Hi Marilyn. I just did some wiring on mine. There is a two pin connector, intended to be used for a second accessory plug, already installed on the bike. It is directly behind the existing socket and is taped to its wiring. You may have to remove the left rear fairing to access it effectively; which means 1st removing the lower front fairing and then the upper front. Your local dealer should be able to help with the other "half" of the connector and a socket.

Regards, Lou

868114-DSC05580-3.JPG.15ce400b6f95f0e5114ff072939af313.JPG

Archived