IGNORED

R12ST Rider Accommodations question

geofherman

geofherman

I cannot find a r12st to sit on so I am in need of some assistance. I am 6'1" tall with a 35"-36" inseam. Will the r12Sst be cramped for me? I appreciate any information you are willing to share.

Geo

Jim VonBaden

Very likely it will, unless you are used to sport bikes.

The ST is NOT that agressive, but moreso than an R1200R. Similar to the F800S.

Jim cool.gif

I am 6'-4" with 35" inseam. I find myself a little stiff in the knees after 300 or 400 miles, but it goes away once I stand up. My problem is with the seat. Once my Russell comes, I will be better able to evaluate the whole matter of comfort. I don't consider it to be cramped.

Oddly enough, mine came with the low seat. I did not even know it until someone mentioned it two weeks after I had bought it. I got the stock seat to send for the rebuild at Russell.

If you get an ST, be sure an get a good gas allowance. It sure is hard not to ride it somewhere.

I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam and the ST on the higher seat setting (regular seat) does not feel cramped at all. At first I found the pegs a little high but I've now done 30k miles and feel very much at home on it. My R1100S was more cramped.

Yesterday I sat on one with schnitzer bar risers, and until I'd tried this I would have said the ST didn't need it, but it was very comfortable with a 2" rise also.

I do think you'll simply need to travel and try one though. Good luck thumbsup.gif

geofherman

I am moving away from a Honda ST1100 with Helibars, but the lower height of my Sargent seat added a bit more knee bend.

Thanks for your input!

Geo

geofherman

Great feedback, much appreciated. I find myself sometimes not riding my Honda ST1100 because it is a bit of a beast and I don't feel like wrestling with it on that particular day. What it must be to have a bike that draws you like you say it does.

Thanks, Geo

duckbubbles

When I had the seat of my ST redone by Sargent, I had them raise it by 1/2 inch. That has made a difference in comfort for my knees. I was considering a peg lowering kit previously and the seat mod has taken care of that. The standard bars in the high position works fine for me. (6 ft. 32 in. inseam.)

Took it on a 2500 mile, 6 day trip a few weeks ago and the seat was not an issue.

Frank

Archived