IGNORED

Riding Pants Recommendation

MarkEngland

MarkEngland

I currently have the Ranger II pants by Olympia and like them. However, they are too large for me (size 38) and I only wear a size 34-36 (36 at most since I do not wear pants under my riding pants).

My question is before I buy another pair, are there any recommendations for another brand as I would like to get a pair that has belt loops (including full armor) as the Ranger II pants do not have belt loops.

Thanks

Mark

Dito! My Ranger II also have the belt loops. Also, my Olympia Airglide II pants also have belt loops! confused.gif Olympia has good stuff. thumbsup.gif

My Aerostich Darien pants have belt loops, but I think they totally suck and wouldn't recommend them. My Wife has a pair of RevIt pants and they are of great fit and finish. Very well thought-out design and versatile on and off the bike. Not sure if they have belt loops though...I doubt it. I'd check out their line of pants (unless you are looking for over-pants).

My Olympia AirGlide II have the loops.

They just saved my lower body from severe injury when I lowsided my G-Wing at about 60 mph.. I wish that I had been wearing the jacket as well instead of stowing it in the trunk.

The pants were cut off by the medics but were ruined anyways. I feel that they did ther job well and will be replacing them with a like pair when I recover.

God bless helmets!!

My Aerostich Darien pants have belt loops, but I think they totally suck and wouldn't recommend them.

Goes to show how everyone is different....I would rate my Darien pants as the best riding pants I have ever owned....full length zippers, adjustable waste and waterproof......can be used as overpants or worn with shorts underneath....

I often use BMW's Santiago pant. I like them a lot, they are comfortable. No belt loop but there is the ability to zip them to a jacket...the usual armor, too. Comfy!

Goes to show how everyone is different....

True, true! That's why cycle gear is so darn hard to get a consensus on. Aerostich seems to make more of an 'American' cut versus a 'European' cut for their popular products. The result is more straight legged pants and boxy jackets. Product quality, however, is very good - wouldn't argue that.

My Aerostich Darien pants have belt loops, but I think they totally suck and wouldn't recommend them.

Goes to show how everyone is different....I would rate my Darien pants as the best riding pants I have ever owned....full length zippers, adjustable waste and waterproof......can be used as overpants or worn with shorts underneath....

+1 on the Darien. However, I am looking for a mesh pair of pants as they Darien's are too hot for me when commuting to work.

a

bmurphypdx

I like the RevIt Air Vent Pants. They have good armour and several other riders have commented on their appearance (less baggy around the legs). You probably need to buy a larger size than normal. I have a 36" waist and 30" inseam and wear XXL Standard (Standard refers to length - they also sell a short and a long - about a 1" difference each way from the standard). I've worn these from 40 degrees F to 86 degrees F and have always been comfortable.

I just purchased a pair of the new Rev-it! Mistral Vented pants an absolutely love them. They have plenty of mesh for venting, but offer all the protection you could hope for.

Archived