R1200RT Brake Lighting

John_KK

thumbsup.gif on the hyperlights. Probably the best option at this point, at least until Gizmo Mill makes a BRAKE! LED that will work with the 1200s.
thumbsup.gif on the hyperlights. Probably the best option at this point, at least until Gizmo Mill makes a BRAKE! LED that will work with the 1200s.

+1....They make 16 bulbers now ! And I'm going to add a Tail Blazer too...

Hyperlites.jpg

Phil.........Redbrick

...at least until Gizmo Mill makes a BRAKE! LED that will work with the 1200s.

Interesting... Even though GizmoMill is not showing availability of the Brake! LED for the R1200-RT, Sierra BMW is showing unit as available.

I think I'll give a call to Sierra BMW on Tuesday...

been there, done that.

They are hoping it will exist someday and told me they should change the info on their website.

I got one for the Boxer Cup and like it.

Greg,

Thanks. So no call to Sierra now...

After having Hyperlights, Kisan and Brake! LED on my 1100-RT, I liked the Brake! LED unit the best. Wish they'd get something out for the 1200s...

• 2 months later...

Michael, your wish is now true - but from a different supplier.

I have just developed a new type of auxiliary LED rear light that combines the tail light, brake light and a new emergency flasher. By simply pulling the brake lever a few times at start up, you can reprogram the various functions.

You can see more here:

www.P3Lights.com

This system is fully compatible with the single-filament brake light bulbs used on the R1200RT, as well as all other BMWs. By incorporating additional lights rather than replacing the stock light, it provides a larger lit area as well as a backup system should one system fail.

One model also incorporates a voltmeter so you can monitor your battery voltage.

Archived