IGNORED

2610/Zumo 550 PC software???

Firefight911

Firefight911

I saw the previous post regarding a route issue when swapping tracks form one source GPS to another.

Here is my question:

I have the BMW NAV II (2610) on the R12ST and I just got a Zumo 550 for the R12GSA.

They have different PC software formats (?). The Zumo has NT and the 2610 does not.

Don't want to try and install the Zumo onto the PC if I am going to get any conflict issues.

So what can I expect? what can/should I do?

This could be really good news on pushing the laptop purchase up the priority chain if there are conflict issues. tongue.giftongue.gif

I use both the Zumo 550 and an older Quest. I create routes with MapSource and then upload to both GPSs.

The Quest uses v7 for its basemap while the Zumo use v8. There appears to be a slight difference in these maps.

If I create a route for the Zumo (v8) and load it into both units, the Zumo is fine, but the waypoints loaded into the Quest don't always seem to be on the route. Some are slightly off the road. Both can find their way, but don't always show the same distances. I suspect the 2610 also uses an earlier version of the basemap and would have similar issues to those I have when trying to use the same route on both the Quest and Zumo.

I think you can expect what I had put in the other post.

When I used my quest software on the 2730, the routes did just the same as posted above....the highlighted route went off the roads - it basically just connected the waypoints.

Bill_Walker
I think you can expect what I had put in the other post.

When I used my quest software on the 2730, the routes did just the same as posted above....the highlighted route went off the roads - it basically just connected the waypoints.

That being said, there's no problem with using two different map sets for two different GPSs, installed on the same PC. You just select which map set to use before you do anything with it. The issue is just with sharing routes between the two units.

So I guess, Phil, that you just can't ride both bikes to the same place! grin.gif

Firefight911
So I guess, Phil, that you just can't ride both bikes to the same place! grin.gif

Well thanks!!! Shot that idea right down now didn't ya!?!?!?!

Back ot the drawing board. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks for the info.

Bill_Walker

I'm guessing if you update both map sets to the same version (i.e., one is NT and one isn't, but they're both v8), the routes, while still needing to be recalculated, ought to be pretty darn close. Just make sure your route has plenty of waypoints. I think.

I'm guessing if you update both map sets to the same version (i.e., one is NT and one isn't, but they're both v8), the routes, while still needing to be recalculated, ought to be pretty darn close. Just make sure your route has plenty of waypoints. I think.

This is what happened to me. Tons of waypoints, but I recalced on the GPS. You need to recalc on the PC (from what others have said). In my case, someone sent the file to me and we were navigation the same route. I think would have to recalc using the same settings in routing properties.

Archived