IGNORED

Hall sensor removal/installation

mshuell

Hi guys,

I'm in the middle of a Hall sensor replacement job and I've run into a snag. This may sound stupid. How do I snake the Hall sensor wire harness out of the bike? The big plastic connector doesn't fit between the alternator and the top of the engine. I've tried sliding the alternator every which way, but no go. I assume that at the factory, they put the wire harness though, installed the alternator, installed the electronic box etc. How is it done short of taking out the alternator?

Thank you. Mark Shuell.

You have to talk to it in German!

All I did was slide my alternator all the way up and secure one bolt to hold it there....and I talked to it in German.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Hi guys,

I'm in the middle of a Hall sensor replacement job and I've run into a snag. This may sound stupid. How do I snake the Hall sensor wire harness out of the bike? The big plastic connector doesn't fit between the alternator and the top of the engine.

Shawn and I just did this a week and a half ago. It fits. Keep trying. Move the alternator all the way to the top of its adjustment range and snug up a couple of the nuts to hold it there; that should give you max clearance.

Like Mitch said......just keep working at it. I had the pleasure of replacing mine last weekend while on a trip. I managed to get it done in the parking lot of a Hampton Inn......Useing only the factory tool kit grin.gif.

It really helps if you have a 2nd set of hands, but you should be able to do it yourself. We used a screw driver to pry up on the alternator while the other person pulled the harness out. Its a pain, but doable.

OoPEZoO said Useing only the factory tool kit . ...

Yikes! That's hardcore thumbsup.gif

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

Hi Guys,

After everyones helpful hints and a good nights sleep, I went out to the garage this morning and it was easy. That's what I get for trying to work on the bike when I'm tired.

Thank you everyone. Mark Shuell.

Hi Guys,

After everyones helpful hints and a good nights sleep, I went out to the garage this morning and it was easy. That's what I get for trying to work on the bike when I'm tired.

Thank you everyone. Mark Shuell.

Good deal......it always helps when you have a clear head.

Archived