IGNORED

Upgrade From ST to RT

NitoDub

I have an ST for two years and have been unimpressed with it's reliability. It let me down four times and had to go back to the shop. Is it worth trading for an RT. Any issues with that bike?

ShovelStrokeEd

In that it is the same motorcycle with a different skin and even more fiddly electronic bits, how can you consider it an upgrade?

Really??????

I ride my ST everyday, never let me down. What kind of problems are you having?

I second that they are the same bike but different skin.

I ride my ST every day as well. The battery has been replaced three times under warranty. The dealer says I am not using the bike enough to keep it charged. I find that hard to believe as the bike is used every day. For some reason which BMW are unable to adequately explain, the battery is not being fully charged. I know of two others with similar problems. I connect the bike to a charger every evening but I feel I should not have to do this.

NakedRider

Something is draining the battery. I've had mine for two years and 18,000 miles. I, too, had a dead battery once but the bike had been sitting for quite some time (I had two other bikes then). I would have the dealer check it out. Something much be creating a drain.

Something is draining the battery. I've had mine for two years and 18,000 miles. I, too, had a dead battery once but the bike had been sitting for quite some time (I had two other bikes then). I would have the dealer check it out. Something much be creating a drain.

Wasn't there some type of battery drain issue that was addressed with a software update last year?

Firefight911

Wasn't there some type of battery drain issue that was addressed with a software update last year?

Yes there was. The current update (v7?????) resolves this issue.

Anyone know what the drain was coming from? It feels like my bike is not re-charging as well as it should, but not sure if its worthwhile to get the s/w update.

Jim

R4ND0M_AX3
Anyone know what the drain was coming from? It feels like my bike is not re-charging as well as it should, but not sure if its worthwhile to get the s/w update.

Jim

The ECU was staying powered.

Archived