IGNORED

Any G650 Owners out there?

GregB

Has anyone purchased a G650 X Moto, X Country, or X Challenge? The X Moto seems really appealing to me and BMW has 4.9% interest on G and F models until 5/31 BUT I tend to not trust the first version of a vehicle on the market. It seems that they are not moving very well and should be available at a good discount as well.

BUT I tend to not trust the first version of a vehicle on the market. It seems that they are not moving very well and should be available at a good discount as well.

Bingo. I don't trust first year releases either. Although it would seem that the motor went through only moderate changes from the proven Rotax in the F650.

My dealer has one of each of the new 650 models and they are just sitting there on the showroom. The F650GS's he gets in disappear in a heartbeat though.

I would have been more interested in one of the newer models if they had a 4 gallon gas tank in them like my F650. The range is just way too short on the new ones for some of the out of the way places we ride.

Here is a test review in case you missed it:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=4725

Firefight911

Got my eye on the challenge!

Same concern in the tank size. Touratech will have a fix for that in about 4 - 6 months.

HOT Jamie just test rode the Xmoto. She reported back a very torquey motor with a rather abrupt throttle for her liking.

My dealer has reported no concerns with the current examples they have sold so far.

Archived