IGNORED

Moto Guzzi Stelvio

Whip

John Bentall

Thoughts anyone?????

It looks good to me.

Whip

Good for what precisely? Or are you just asking whether we think the bike looks good?

Man o Man looks like a GS that was in a bad wreck. Bent both jugs up. lmao.gif Can you say "Fix It Again Tony" ?

Cheers

Steve

I think it looks nicer than the GS. The article you linked mentioned that it is intended to compete with the GS.

John Bentall

For those who don't want a GS - the best all-round on- & off-road machine of its type - or a Triumph 1050, whose grunty motor overshadows all the other big trailies by a huge margin, then the Guzzi will likely have a very respectable place amongst the also-rans.

Guzzi have to do something amount the dominance of the GS in the Italian home market.

Looks are something I dare not comment on, as I own a 1200RT and therefore have bad taste according to a number of folks around here!

FlyingFinn

To me that looks like a very capable "adventure bike".

Could well be a worthy challenger to the big GS.

From those pictures and the little available info I can list:

+ Plenty of ground clearance. Good for lean angle and clearing obstacles.

+ Spoked wheels

+ Appears to have 19" front wheel

+ Nothing vulnerable hanging down & front of the engine

+ Plenty of torque and power (1200)

+ The looks promise light weight (in the category)

+ Stout USD forks in the front

+ Good lights

+ Will come with factory saddle bags

- No ABS (at least on the bike in the photos)

--

Mikko

FlyingFinn

I'm actually really hoping the Guzzi will be a kick ass adventure bike, even better than the 1200 GS.

I think it's great when motorcycle companies show some innovation and courage to break into new market segments. And doing so, leave the old players in the dust.

I would like to add the Stelvio to the list of "just couple years ago who would have thought that..."

...BMW makes a seriously competitive enduro (X Challenge)

...Triumph makes a best-in-class sport bike (Daytona 675)

...KTM makes a bike that competes with Tuono for the "Best Street Bike in the World" (Super Duke)

Must be something they put in the water over in Europe.

I want to see the Guzzi on that same list.

--

Mikko

John Bentall
I'm actually really hoping the Guzzi will be a kick ass adventure bike, even better than the 1200 GS.

I think it's great when motorcycle companies show some innovation and courage to break into new market segments. And doing so, leave the old players in the dust.

I would like to add the Stelvio to the list of "just couple years ago who would have thought that..."

...BMW makes a seriously competitive enduro (X Challenge)

...Triumph makes a best-in-class sport bike (Daytona 675)

...KTM makes a bike that competes with Tuono for the "Best Street Bike in the World" (Super Duke)

Must be something they put in the water over in Europe.

I want to see the Guzzi on that same list.

--

Mikko

If you're looking for a kick-ass adventure bike that's better than a 1200GS then it's already out there - KTM!

Just don't ask Guzzi to do it.

Francois_Dumas

It looks good to me.

Whip

Hmmm..yes.. but so does a Piper Cub...... tongue.gif

FlyingFinn

If you're looking for a kick-ass adventure bike that's better than a 1200GS then it's already out there - KTM!

Just don't ask Guzzi to do it.

Why not!? You don't like to see more choises when it comes to that kind bikes?

That is exactly what I want, Guzzi to step up and introduce a bike no one expected them to be capable of making.

Change is good, having more choises is good.

--

Mikko

John Bentall

1) Ring the Moto Guzzi factory up. Tell them that you are really pleased that the premier GERMAN (!) bike magazine has just rated the Tiger 1050 above the 1200GS in a comparison test (albeit by 1 point in 1000!).

2) Hassle them to build a bike that is better than both of them - and that you'll buy one if they do!

3) Wait.

It really is that easy!

I just have two words "Dealer support?"

Cheers!

Are you talking about the "Dealer support" that told Mike to ride his new GT until the final drive fails....even though they already knew it was failing. You remember Mike and his GT falling apart in Boise.

Or maybe the "Dealer Support" that told Killer and I that it was normal for a new 2007 GS Adventure to not be able to go into neutral....it just needs to break in. Then the same dealer telling me it was unsafe to ride the GSA until they could replace the drive train. Oh and by the way we're too busy right now....can you wait 4 weeks before you bring it in.

With that kinda support.....who needs dealers.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Whip

Francois_Dumas

Yup, sounds like you have pretty lousy dealers on that side of the pond...... would turn me off too ! eek.gif

mountainred

They do have a good Guzzi dealer in texas, but he can't get replacement parts from Italy either. If you think BMW has reliability problems, go to the V11 sport website.

Archived