IGNORED

New model BMW summer pants

Plasterman

Plasterman

Anyone have a pair of these yet? They look and feel nicer than previous model. Any suggestions on better pair of pants than these for this summer at this price point?

Thanks

Tom

I bought a pair of the BMW Summer 2 pants, the khaki ones, and I love 'em. I can wear them all day at work without any comfort issues. The armor is nice and flexible. My only complaint is size. I am too big for medium and a little too small for large. I used to wear 34x34 pants, but I've slimmed down a little, so the BMW large size is a little to big, but the length is perfect. I suppose if I beer myself back into a 34" waist they'd be perfect!

• 3 weeks later...
I bought a pair of the BMW Summer 2 pants, the khaki ones, and I love 'em. I can wear them all day at work without any comfort issues. The armor is nice and flexible. My only complaint is size. I am too big for medium and a little too small for large. I used to wear 34x34 pants, but I've slimmed down a little, so the BMW large size is a little to big, but the length is perfect. I suppose if I beer myself back into a 34" waist they'd be perfect!
I feel your pain. I'm interested in these pants too. The XL waist is good on me, but, the length puts the knee armor around my ankles. L is a little small in the waist, but, perfect in length. well, that's with the sizing I was given via email. How adjustable is the waist? It's gotta have some adjustability if all they are offering is sizes in sm, med, l, etc.

What is the new material?

I agree - excellent pants, but weird sizing. Mediums are border line too small for 34 inch waist, but Larges are way too big.

Still, nicely made and well worth the money.

Bought a pair last weekend, I really like them. I have lost some weight in the last month so these really fit me nicely (atleast for now. No balloon leg/thighs. I have the black pair, with the heat in Iowa this last week, probably should have gotten the lighter color ones.

Tom

Question: Do they breath well enough for 90 Degree weather; and, do the leg zippers (the ones used to convert them to shorts) bother you? It looks like they would be irritating.

Olympia Recon Transformer pants look to be the same as the BMW summer pants except they have a little bit of venting and they're cheaper.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find either in my local area, so I can't comment on how they feel or fit.

Dave

Archived