IGNORED

R1200RT oil level sensor

bmwdavid

What is the proper sequence for the oil lever sensor reading on the dash? I just had my sensor changed and the computer updated. The dash used to read while riding. It ow only reads when I come to a stop. Is this normal for the 06 and 07 models with the updated oil level sensors? Also noticed my temperature readout now reads way high, it was 86 and was now reading 104.

Thanks

Dave

My 07 indicates oil level only when engine is warm and in neutral. I believe the latest updates are similar. No problems with my temp accuracy other than it appears to be stuck on a given reading -- cycling thru the entire OBC range frees the temp and you can see it step up/down in 10 seconds.

gettysburg
Also noticed my temperature readout ... now reading 104.

Dave

An Inconvenient Truth grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I read somewhere that Al Gore "invented" global-warming. smile.gif

What you describe for the oil sensor is normal. Mine did the same thing when I had the oil level sensor fixed (including software update). For what its worth it never did measure oil level while you were riding. Although you could see it while moving all it was doing was displaying the last reading it took while at a standstill.

My '05 RT DOES check oil when I'm riding, at least when it is low. It shows a symbol that looks kinda like a dip stick. It also shows up under hard acceleration when my oil is less than completely full.

Archived