IGNORED

Autocom Pro-7 Sport question.

chrisz

Hi,

I'm having issues with low passenger speach volume when using the Pro-7 Sport Autocom unit. I've verified the placement of the speakers and microphone. When I'm speaking I can hear my voice quite clearly through my helmet, and ditto when using the passenger helmet. But when the passenger talks the VOX works well, but the volume is just not loud enough. It works well when riding slowly and due to low ambient noise, but at higher speeds (>50 mph) its hard to hear the passenger but my voice still comes out quite loud to me. Any suggestions? (this while on the RT)

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Beyond adjusting the passenger volume on the unit, training the passenger to speak properly according to the instructions in the manual, and making sure tht your speakers are properly adjusted, I am not sure. I get plenty of volume out of mine.

There are small amplifiers that you could add to the circuit. Check Radio Shack. You could also do a search on amps.

Good luck!

How do you adjust the passenger volume on the Pro-7 Sport unit? The only thing that I haven't tried yet, is to insert a shorted accessory plug in the volume slot on the unit. This I'll try tonight.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Sorry about that. I was thinking of the Pro AVI. I just did a search on the Autocom site and as you already know, there is no passenger volume control on that unit. An in line amp is probably the only solution aside from upgrading.

How do you adjust the passenger volume on the Pro-7 Sport unit? The only thing that I haven't tried yet, is to insert a shorted accessory plug in the volume slot on the unit. This I'll try tonight.

Inserting the shorted plug into the Speech port on a Pro-7 will raise the volume of rider/passenger communication by 9db. That is a SUBSTANTIAL gain and should solve your problems. Inserting the plug will not affect the volume levels of music or any other audio inputs into the Autocom; only the intercom volume.

I've got a Pro7 Sport. And used it with my daughter last summer. My daughter is not known for having a very loud voice, yet the system worked flawlessly for us.

So, I ask, is your passenger's microphone against his/her lips? I'm wondering if this could be the issue.

The mike picks up best when it rests against the lips at the center of the mouth. The mike may shift around in putting on a full face helmet, so you have to go back and pull it close again. Can be a bit annoying, but you get used to it.

Pam

Archived