IGNORED

I gots me an 1200ST!

TowJam

It's been a long journey - including a number of "on-again/off-again" special orders. But this afternoon, I took delivery of my '07 R1200ST. My dealer took some "happy customer" pics and I'll post 'em when he gets them to me.

My initial impressions from just 40 miles on the bike so far? I can't get the smile off my face. thumbsup.gif (No surprise considering I just got off a 750 lb. touring bike.)

Nothing beats those honeymoon rides the first month of ownership, especially on a hexhead. Got your 600 mile service scheduled already? If you think you're smiling now, you will have some real smiles on the other side of 5000rpm wink.gif

Nothing beats those honeymoon rides the first month of ownership, especially on a hexhead. Got your 600 mile service scheduled already? If you think you're smiling now, you will have some real smiles on the other side of 5000rpm wink.gif

yes - keeping the RPMs down on the way home was a b*tch - especially since the freeway was relatively clear and I was trying to beat a thunderstorm. (As we speak, it's hailing and raining - and the weather forecast for the remainder of the week isn't looking much better.)

Firefight911

I was wondering where your new steed was!!

Congrats. Maybe we'll see her soon on a ride either near or far!! thumbsup.gif

Wooohooo! Congratulations. Probably the best beemer there is thumbsup.gif

Night black or silver bullet?

Titan Silver

It's my understanding that "titan" is German for "stud" - at least that's MY story and I'm sticking with it.

grasslander

Congrats! You are a very patient individual. So how is it setup? What accessories are on it and what will you add?

Enjoy the ride.

Congrats! You are a very patient individual. So how is it setup? What accessories are on it and what will you add?

So far, completely stock and relatively low tech - ABS, heated grips, centerstand, chrome exhaust, low seat, computer and bags. I made a point not to get the ESA, TPM or ASC.

At some point, I may add a Remus but it is refreshing not to have to do any performance mods or "stage whatever" upgrades before I even take the bike off the showroom.

bakerzdosen

Congrats Man. It's been a while coming. (As I've said before, your posts were some of the ones that convinced me to get mine last year... smile.gif )

TowJam, you gatta hold the world record for trading bikes in a specified time.

What is the count now?? grin.gif

Firefight911

That color looks awesome on that ST!!!!

Not as awesome as my Silver/Blue, but awesome nonetheless!! grin.gif

I've lost count - but it's in the double-digits over the past 3 years. On the other hand, if you ask my wife, she'll tell you it's in the hundreds. Go figure. wink.gif

Way to go man. I love it, and thanks for showing the picture. Many happy miles to come for sure.

But who is that guy anyway- the one at the dealer- he sure does not look like your picture over your name.

I've lost count - but it's in the double-digits over the past 3 years. On the other hand, if you ask my wife, she'll tell you it's in the hundreds. Go figure. wink.gif

How do you do it? I want to order a black ST but I don't want to lose $3,500 in nine months on my Triumph Sprint ST.

How do you do it? I want to order a black ST but I don't want to lose $3,500 in nine months on my Triumph Sprint ST.

Trust me. I'm the last person you'd want to ask. I lose $$$ on every deal - including the bikes I've sold outright.

But hey - I plan to make it up in volume! thumbsup.gif

I guess like people say, you can't put a price on happiness. Most bikers don't worry about losing money on their bikes because you can't put a price on the joy of riding.

bmurphypdx

Just to whet your appetite, here's my new 07 R12ST tricked out with a custom seat and cases for touring Touring.jpg

Bill,

Did your sidebags come with the BMW roundel instead of the reflectors or is that something you did yourself?

bmurphypdx

I inserted the roundels after receiving the cases, or

To make a short story long . . .

To mount the luggage grid for the top case, I had to remove the roundel from the stock rack (has a sticky back and just peels off). The luggage grid came with another roundel to apply to the luggage grid but since I intend to keep the top case on all of the time, I did not use that one. So I had two in hand.

I bought the 3M Reflective surfaces ($29.95) for the back of the side cases. The set comes with three extra strips of reflective material (black during the day, white reflective at night with light). Two of the strips were 1 inch wide (exactly the height of the reflector indent on the bags) although a bit long so I cut the length to fit within the indent. The diameter of the roundels was 1/16 inch too big so I shaved (sanded) 1/32 inch (barely visible, not visible when mounted) from each of the top and bottom of the roundels and they fit in snug as a bug into the indent, secured with a bit of superglue.

I'm no wrencher so if I can do it, anyone can.

DSCN0895.jpg

Just finished my first ride since taking delivery. The BC was showing ambient temp of 72 degrees and there was a light breeze - perfect riding weather (finally).

Wow. This thing is pure 2-wheel sex.

sardineone

Ok you can lick your chops for those fun miles over the 600 mile mark. But then it's far from developing peak power. I just noticed lately that the relatively anemic lower rpm power is on the rise at 8,500 miles. And I was estatic after the 600 mile service. You are going to enjoy a very fine machine that many riders and non-riders alike are going to love its' looks. clap.gif

PS. Go figure that I went out of my way to get ESA? Dealing with BMW NA is a taxing experience. Good for them they have a great product or they might be looking for a job.

bmurphypdx

Hi Diane,

The seat was done by Rich's Custom Seats in Seattle. My GF and I drove in and Rick had both of us do a "sit test" while he watched prior to sculpting the seats. We just returned from a three day trip. After an hour on the stock seat she always said one of her legs was practically numb. Now she rides all day and the seat is a non-issue.

Bill

bakerzdosen

I think I said this in another thread, but bmurphywa, your bike does look REALLY good. thumbsup.gif

Archived