IGNORED

Post Torrey Stress disorder....

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

The kids are in the middle of exams. I made the mistake of checking the credit card statement online. The RT now has almost 92,000 miles on it. I am tired as heck. I don't get to see my friends out west again for a very long time. I have a list of 60 bazillion things that have to be fixed around the house. I have to pay a Performance award given to me (and deservingly so) by the nice man in Utah. Things are just building on me today.

I was asked by a friend where my ride tale was. I guess I had to take a while to get focused with all of the above on my mind. With all of that weighing on me, I have to remember the main reason Torrey was worth it....

155299886-L.jpg

I miss you man....

Shawn

yOU aRE rIGHT...my friend.!

I think we're all caught up in the post distress..! (and no, I haven't looked at my CCard statement online - I am fearful.!)

But you nailed it on the head Shawn.!!

The picture tells the whole story.!

Be watchful for the "Bratwurst Bat".... thumbsup.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
yOU aRE rIGHT...my friend.!

I think we're all caught up in the post distress..! (and no, I haven't looked at my CCard statement online - I am fearful.!)

But you nailed it on the head Shawn.!!

The picture tells the whole story.!

Be watchful for the "Bratwurst Bat".... thumbsup.gif

lmao.gif

The "corn bat" will figure prominently in my ride tale. I'm fleshing out my 12-day outline as we speak. Stay tuned...

BeniciaRT_GT

Just remember you must always be wanded, so that shold keep it all in perspective!!!

Great seeing you again!!!

SC_SVRider
Just remember you must always be wanded, so that shold keep it all in perspective!!!

Great seeing you again!!!

I was NOT wanded! clap.gif

meeep! meeep! lmao.gif

My form of PTSD for Torrey is I do get sad when I get home. I know I'm not going to see the group of friends or the heaven I call Torrey for another 4-8 months. It's only a weekend, yet I miss it the very next day after I'm home. I really do get the blues about it every time.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I can't handle being back...

So I'm taking off on a 7-day Carribean cruize tomorrow. wave.gif There better be unbrella's in my Mai-Tais dammit or there's gonna be hell to pay. Somewhere along the line, I just KNOW I'm gonna have to rent an ATV to get my fix.

Dennis Andress

Work(sucks, still);

For me, Post Torrey Depression is perhaps a better phrase. Little miracles like this cactus blooming on Mt Gleno help to put the things I do away from Torrey in perspective though.

155436759-L.jpg

I had tears in my eyes from the Park all the way to Hanksville it seemed. At the Hite overlook, I ran into another rider and we just exchanged pleasantries. After that I was ok. I actually just rode home with music going and laughing out loud at all the silliness of the weekend.

Today I am already getting anxious to go riding Saturday with Philly, and then working on the next ride. Torrey in the Fall is now a goal and I can't wait.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Les is more

Thanks for those Shawn. It was great watching the landscape change as you traveled across the country.

Lone_RT_rider
Thanks for those Shawn. It was great watching the landscape change as you traveled across the country.

Your welcome Les... Coming from someone that has crossed the country so many times, that's a great compliment.

Shawn

Ditto!! wave.gif

It was great getting to spend a far too brief dinner with you and "Rainy". Sorry we were late and out of touch for most of the weekend. We'll make it up to you this summer at the UnRally! clap.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Ditto!! wave.gif

It was great getting to spend a far too brief dinner with you and "Rainy". Sorry we were late and out of touch for most of the weekend. We'll make it up to you this summer at the UnRally! clap.gif

As much as we absolutely love seeing both of you, the Unrally is not possible for us this year. With the schedule of the event falling during the school year, it makes it all but impossible for those of us with kids to be there. Raise a glass (of something) in our honor. We will definitely miss all of you. crazy.gif

Shawn

]

As much as we absolutely love seeing both of you, the Unrally is not possible for us this year. With the schedule of the event falling during the school year, it makes it all but impossible for those of us with kids to be there. Raise a glass (of something) in our honor. We will definitely miss all of you. crazy.gif

Shawn

Duct tape????? lmao.gif

SC_SVRider
]

Shawn

Duct tape????? lmao.gif

Normally that wouldn't be such a bad idea.. but the kids actually have to make it to school, so duct tape isn't the answer this time. *pout* frown.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
The kids are in the middle of exams. I made the mistake of checking the credit card statement online. The RT now has almost 92,000 miles on it. I am tired as heck. I don't get to see my friends out west again for a very long time. I have a list of 60 bazillion things that have to be fixed around the house. I have to pay a Performance award given to me (and deservingly so) by the nice man in Utah. Things are just building on me today.

Exams will be over soon.

The bills will get paid, though it may take time.

Your RT is not old, it's just middle-aged. It's still useful, but you just need to keep an eye on things, just like a middle-aged body.

I've been dog-tired, too. Still on mountain time, I didn't go to bed on Wednesday night until midnight, slept like crap, but still had to get up at 6:45 yesterday morning (4:45 mountain time...). Mowed two lawns yesterday evening, berry slowly because they were berry berry long; I was so tired when I was done I almost cried. I have to pack for a wedding in Minnesota this weekend. And of course the bushes (at both houses) are in desperate need of trimming. And on top of all that, I'm way behind on the Mojolever thing; I've got a ton of powdercoating to do next week.

This too shall pass.

Coming back from a vacation can be a rough time, especially if the vacation was a really good one. As you're seeing, you're not alone - and it will get better. I promise. thumbsup.gif The weekend is almost here; take advantage of it and try to get some good sleep.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Sorry you are feeling a little low there Shawn, but I can certainly relate.

Let me start by saying that Torrey was the best time I have had in literlly a couple of years. The roads, the scenery, the people I got to meet, awesome! Unfortunately, I walked (rode) into an absolute shit storm as soon as I got back into cell phone range south of I-40. Serious issues at work and the X decided this was a perfect time to go seriously mental. I haven't had a minute to breathe since I got home. I had scheduled Monday off to recover and clean up, but that didn't happen. I just unloaded the bike last night, and might get her washed today.

Cheer up my friend, we do have XIV to look forward to. thumbsup.gif

StretchMark

Not really fair to compare post Torrey stress with the totally stress-free feeling we all felt out there. Just to remind you of the relaxed Torrey state of mind:

155675675-M.jpg

It's all relative cool.gif

PhillyFlash
Yeah, but this is kinda what I felt like when I got back....

eek.gifdopeslap.gifcrazy.gif

Shawn

Better Al than Wurty. grin.gif

Dennis Andress

It's Friday afternoon and the job is, as usual, far removed from reality. This helps though.

155191593-L.jpg

I've done it 11 times, plus coming back from Un5 when I overnighted in Torrey after leaving Gunnison. And each time it's been a difficult ride.

The weekend is over. I've laughed, hugged, made new friends, remade old ones, ridden fantastic roads, enjoyed great scenery, and botched my line in more than a few corners. This time, however, I left a reminder for me, for others, of a man who lived large and loved life and all of us with his huge heart. Leaving the mementos of Glen up on Sweeper Madness was one of the most difficult things I've done. I want to go up there right now, not to ride the roads, but to check on the signs, to make sure he's alright. While I stopped in BC on the way to Torrey for the BBQ, and I was honored to accompany Teri to visit Glen's grave just prior to the festivities, it's up on that mountain that my heart tells me he lies, his spirit weightlessly swooping around curve after curve, making perfect what we who remain struggle to ride even remotely well.

Coming home, I found a TON of MotoEquip orders to process and ship. Additionally, I was short on inventory as I'd spent my last two weeks working feverishly getting my new bike ready, instead of cutting and packaging reflective kits. At first I was almost overwhelmed, given my exhausted state. But the workload at the dealership, and at home, have turned into a blessing as I've not shed a tear until now.

For me, Torrey is forever changed. It's still everything it always was. But now it holds memories and a fondness no other place on earth could ever match, no matter how great. While his remains are elsewhere, Torrey is the final resting place of a sweet soul. Loud. Obnoxious at times. Opinionated. Potty mouthed. Tattooed. But so giving and so very loved and missed.

155299886-L.jpg

[

:

Shawn

If that was Wurty doing that the plug would be in a different Orifice tongue.gif

If that was Wurty doing that the plug would be in a different Orifice tongue.gif

Nah, he's not furry enough.

Fernando, you pretty much summed it up for me. Torrey will never be the same for me. It is now bittersweet. Yes I will still love the roads. Yes I will still love the relaxing pace of the town. Yes I will still love seeing friends old and new. Yes I will continue paying my respects at Mt Gleno and seeing if he can hear me. However, I will never get to share those roads with him again or share a laugh with him in the CW parking lot. I've roomed with him there for I don't know how many years now and it will never be the same. It will still be good to go there, just bittersweet as it is a reminder that he is no longer with us.

Fernando, you pretty much summed it up for me. Torrey will never be the same for me. It is now bittersweet. Yes I will still love the roads. Yes I will still love the relaxing pace of the town. Yes I will still love seeing friends old and new. Yes I will continue paying my respects at Mt Gleno and seeing if he can hear me. However, I will never get to share those roads with him again or share a laugh with him in the CW parking lot. I've roomed with him there for I don't know how many years now and it will never be the same. It will still be good to go there, just bittersweet as it is a reminder that he is no longer with us.

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. bncry.gif

First... Fernando's post was eloquent; said what I feel better than I can even think it... he described what Torrey was for many of us this Spring.

Then Brian sums up my feelings about what Torrey will be ever more, for many of us. I guess that's a good thing, but right now, it still hurts.

Thank you just the same, my brothers.

I guess that's a good thing, but right now, it still hurts.

I think is it always going to hurt...I, too, shed tears on the way there, during my time there and on the way home. Sometimes it just hit me so hard (some music that was in my ears didn't help). It was a Torrey that was different and will probably never be the same. But, we've still got each other to lean on; the friendships, the family, the newbies that we can tell the stories to. That's what it's all about and that's the way he would want it.

Marty Hill

I was talking to someone, turned around and saw the banner going up. I burst into tears and couldn't talk for a minute. I miss Glen as I would my own brother...cuz I thought of him as exactly that.

I'm glad we have each other and can share our Gleno tales. Odd to laugh and cry at the same time, but that's the way it is.

I'll be in socal in about 3 weeks/hope to set up a small dinner with some of you guys and gals.

Martay in Gleno speak.

I'm glad we have each other and can share our Gleno tales. Odd to laugh and cry at the same time, but that's the way it is.

You mean like when he'd be in the CW parking lot and see someone new ride in. He'd walk over, give them a handshake and say, "Hi. I'm Marty Hill. Nice to meet you."

Work sucks, I miss all my friends. Fall Torrey is something to look forward to.

Marty, I found a good Italian resturant over by Steve Karr's place ?

Possible So Cal. Dinner get toether ?

Coming back from a vacation can be a rough time, especially if the vacation was a really good one.

I've felt that way every single time after returning home from vacations in Australia... sigh.gif

Archived