IGNORED

What brand/model of tent?

Bud

Don't recognize that tent, but for a similarly large vestibule with a more robust design look at the MSR Velo

velo_middle.jpg

velo_bottom.jpg

Jerry Johnston

Looks to me like all the stuff you show in the picture would require a trailer to haul. The last time I camped out an ant bit me in the lip in the middle of the night, I had a terrible time trying to get my boots to go pee in the mornig and when I got out of the tent I was the only one in the camp site that wasn't driving a portable home to the wilderness. I like motels where I can shower and relax.

Wow I like the first tent and it matches his pants & shirt! One big problem though, the hat doesn't match! lmao.gif

Great set up though! Does the cot fits on the bike too?

Where can I find the one?

84835551-M.jpg

Hello Bud...

This is Siggi Pflumm, a fellow Colorado Beemers club member. The picture was taken during Top of the Rockies rally in Paonia. The right side of that tent is sufficiently large enough to park a bike inside. He may have hauled the tent and gear to Paonia in his side car.

FWIW, this is Siggi dressed up (his bike as well) at Christmas time.

115763718-L.jpg

As for this tent, I'm camping with several of the club members this weekend and if Siggi is there (which I suspect he will be), I'll make note of the tent or ask him.

Regards,

Mike O

Slight hijack...here is Siggi at a toy run. He got tagged to lead the ride along with the police bike. He sure has fun with those decorations at Christmas time! grin.gif

igp0189rs8.jpg

Wow I like the first tent and it matches his pants & shirt! One big problem though, the hat doesn't match! lmao.gif

Great set up though! Does the cot fits on the bike too?

Where can I find the one?

Possibly the Aerostitch #4105

4105_1gthumb.jpg

Folds and packs to 5" x 16" weighs 40 oz.

Thanks Mike.
Bud,

Just got off the phone with Siggi...He imported that from Germany (not available in the U.S.) Got it from Heine Gericke and 5 years ago it was $550 Euros. He says for a 4-5 day campsite its great, otherwise for overnite camping its a pain in the ass to set up and tear down.

BTW, the electric garage door opener was extra;)

Regards,

Mike O

g_frank_nin

I use an Eddie Bauer Sport Dome 4-Person Tent (about $80) it has plenty of room for you and your gear (no bike shelter though) Has kept me dry during some pretty wild storms (I did seal all seams myself and scotch guarded the fly) and if it fall off the bike while riding... no tears will be shed

EddieBauerAlpentalSportDome4-Person.jpg

I use an Eddie Bauer Sport Dome 4-Person Tent (about $80) it has plenty of room for you and your gear (no bike shelter though) Has kept me dry during some pretty wild storms (I did seal all seams myself and scotch guarded the fly) and if it fall off the bike while riding... no tears will be shed

EddieBauerAlpentalSportDome4-Person.jpg

That's a good looking tent. How long are the poles when packed? Will it fit in the topbox of a RT?

g_frank_nin

Not too big, here is a photo of the tent in its pack tied to a small rack with a sleeping pad and a sleeping bag. (Photo taken while in my old bike) the tent packs to about 6" +/- thick by about 28" +/- across (not totally accurate, working from memory here) none the less, it is narrower than the bike when you include its saddlebags…

IMG_0174.jpg

I got a 39 dollar,on sale coleman tent used it for the last 2 week, snow & rain no problem. It has a rain fly, I used it without it one night to sleep under the stars with a screen roof.

It worked just fine. Setup and tear down no problem. That a 20 degree bag and a large therma rest and I was fine even in 20-30 degree temps. grin.gif

Archived